Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06, I've got a question for ya all...What are the tranny issues and what causes them with using the edge juice w/ attitude CTS vers like the sct...i've had the edge on for awhile now on stage 5 and havent had any problems with the tranny...i've bumped the shift up 20% for the firmest shift possible with this programmer...I dont roast the tires off and dont go crazy puttin my foot into it either...so i'm not sure where everyone says they eat trannies...If either way i think that i'm gonna have php custom tune the programmer and maybe he can write something in there to take the engine light off with my egr delete...i wouldnt mind gettin a little more hp than the 120ish that stock on the edge...trucks in right now gettin the ipr remote cooler w/ high flow coolant filter, new up pipe and i already have 4" turbo back exhaust on it only thing left to do to make it fully bullet proof is to to the blue spring...i've already got arp's on the heads so this should take care of everything everything that i've been watching from the cts is in great condition other than my deltas with will be taken care of here soon...and i must admit i went down to the garage to see how the ipr install was coming along and i must say it looks down right sexy on there vince makes some quality stuff for sure...but back to my main question any insite to possible tranny issues???thanks Hoogie

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
edge just doesn't do as good of a job on tranny's as SCT does. IMO, i'd find someone to sell the edge to and get an SCT with custom tunes then get an edge insight for gauges.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would think with php's custom tunes there wouldnt be any difference between the two..but i'm also a newbie here second diesel first was in my chevy back from 86 lol what a frickin difference...lol...but that brings up another question whats the difference in tunes like lets say from id or php? i dont wanna start a cat fight just really interested and i'll say so far i'm happy with my juice cts...but i've never had anything else so i'm kinda blinded right now also...

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
You would like custom tunes on an SCT better.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Edge power programmers are big steamy turd boxes! I drove pretty normal with an Edge on my truck, then, one day, it started slam shifting into what was indicated as 4th (technically it's 5th, but that is another story). Then it started hunting for 5th gear (technically 6th if you know how a 5R110 really works). Then came the uncommanded converter unlock/lock. Shortly there after came the rebuilt transmission from San Tan Transmissions in Arizona. Oh yeah, the fluid was black and looked like it had coffee grounds in it. That would have been the clutches.

Fact is, when you crank up that much power and ignore the transmission, it's going to destroy it. Yes I said ignore it. I tried every configuration there was for trans settings and NONE of them made a damn bit of difference.

Edge monitors are pretty nice pieces, but the power adders, I won't ever use one again. In fact, knowing what it did to my truck, I won't even sell it. Two of my friends also used Edge on their trucks, then took them off.

SCT or nothing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts