Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have on my Edge INJ PW, is monitoring what the IPC is sending? When I use that parameter, I'm getting numbers like 800-1500.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
where is that option

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ford Specific PID's --> Fuel

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
That is normal.

At lower RPM the HPOP can not support allot of volume so the pressure is higher. At higher RPM the HPOP can support allot of volume so the pressure is lower

At idle mine is 950-1100 psi.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
That is normal.

At lower RPM the HPOP can not support allot of volume so the pressure is higher. At higher RPM the HPOP can support allot of volume so the pressure is lower

At idle mine is 950-1100 psi.
I must be missing something here. The OP is talking about injector pulse width and you're talking about HPOS oil pressure. :dunno:

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I must be missing something here. The OP is talking about injector pulse width and you're talking about HPOS oil pressure. :dunno:
Not sure but I think it is the high pressure oil psi that I see from my insight

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the parameter I was asking about. What does Injector Pulse Width tell me, sounds like it's not ICP.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was wondering the point of monitoring pulse width as well, subscribed.

·
Premium Member
13,264 Posts
I have asked the same thing before. If you look at the Inj PW Pid it gives you a reading that looks like ICP. If it was pulse width you should be seeing a MS reading.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I don't know what it is giving back but pulse width is not a pressure. Maybe somebody smatter than me will chime in here. Hell Ford doesn't even give us a low pressure oil sender, I can't believe they'd give us a high pressure sender.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, so it doesn't sound like it's worth monitoring.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Not to stray off topic too much, but those of you who are interested in monitoring this PID, have a look at this reading the next time you are cruising at highway speed when you are exitting and coasting to a stop on the off-ramp, just before the engine slows down to idle speed. What do you guys see for a reading under the condition described above?

By the way Goose350, I love your avatar.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It goes from something like 1200 to a big fat ZERO.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
It goes from something like 1200 to a big fat ZERO.
That was my point. Basically, the point of my post above, was to show you fine gentlemen something. When it goes to the big fat ZERO as you describe, do you also happen to notice the absence of the trademark "6.0L clacking", until it either slows down to engine idle speed AND/OR you get back on the accelerator?

Under the condition described above, the engine is actually "shut down" temporaraily, meaning that NO FUEL is being injected into the engine. Those of you rare manual transmission 6.0L truck owners will probably take notice of this exact same condition, when you are cruising along and decide to downshift to a lower gear. As soon as you engage the clutch (release the clutch pedal) after the lower gear has been selected, you notice the engine RPM start increase, but the "clacking" stop temporarily because under this condition, the engine doesn't NEED fuel, and therefore injection stops at THAT point in time.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, the engine just makes a nice whine sound, sort of like a quiet jet. Now, when the injectors are shut down, are they still receiving high pressure oil?

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Yes, the engine just makes a nice whine sound, sort of like a quiet jet. Now, when the injectors are shut down, are they still receiving high pressure oil?
Yes they are, but look at your IPR duty cycle when this happens.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts