Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Edge Insight CS2/CTS2 Question (Max boost displayed)

12K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  ericbilt25 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

First post on here, sorry if it isnt in the correct section. Also couldnt find anything regarding this in the Search, however I very well could be doing it wrong.. lol.

So I just recently installed a Hydra with some custom tunes so now im looking to get a set of gauges (probably shouldve done that beforehand, but ive been taking it easy on the truck havent been driving hard or in hot tunes). Ive been up in the air about whether to go with an Edge Insight or a set of Autometers. Obviously both have pros and cons. I do like the idea of the insight as it has pretty much any parameter id want and the ability to check DTCs and what not. But im worried about the accuracy of the insight. And with the boost reading through the PCM wouldnt it never display over 22PSI due to the overboost code? More or less leaning toward gauges because of that reason, as in the future I will be doing a bigger turbo, injectors, fuel etc.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated!

#2 ·
All the info you hear the PID's not being accurate are false. The OEM sensors have to be accurate or else it would make tuning very difficult.

It will read past 22 psi of boost.

I personally sold all my gauges to get the CTS2 when it came out and have never looked back.

Sure it's a bit more initial investment, but in the long run it's much better than gauges.

I do carry both Autometer and Isspro gauges along with the EDGE products.

https://www.cncfab.us/product-category/powerstroke-99-03/gaugesmonitormounts-99-03/monitors-99-03/

www.cncfab.us

#3 ·
Okay awesome. Good to know. Im definitely going to go with an Insight then, thanks. Was just curious as I know the MAP sensor only allows 22PSI or what ever it is, so wasnt sure if it would allow the Insight to read over that. I do believe my chip disables the overboost w/ de-fuel, so I was told anyways. (Hydra w/ SDK tunes). So I should be fine?

Going to order one tonight if so, with a pod and EGT probe. Think im going to go with the CS2 as Im not sure I like the size of the CTS2, they both have all the same features correct?

Thanks again for the help! Been looking all over for this info.

#4 ·
Going to order one tonight if so, with a pod and EGT probe. Think im going to go with the CS2 as Im not sure I like the size of the CTS2, they both have all the same features correct?
I have the CTS2 with pod mount and fits perfectly on my dash. Not too big at all.
Love my Insight

#9 ·

Attachments

#10 ·
If it were me, I would go with the CTS2. You can display 9 parameters on the screen at one time and you can add stuff to it if needed. I use the CTS2 with my hydra and when I was still on stock injectors and just getting the boost reading from the pcm, I saw it read 27 psi. My new setup will have an EAS boost gauge that using a ported plug in the AIH. The cts2 is very versatile in my opinion. I also see that you have a lift, so I assume you have larger than stock tires. The CTS2 can also read a corrected speed, which I use as well.

Also, it took maybe 5 minutes to install. Hardest part is tying up a couple zip ties with my sausage fingers haha.

#11 ·
Awesome, thanks! Gonna go ahead with an insight

#13 ·
Haha definitely will! Thinking of ordering a couple tunes to try from 1023 off of CNC as well

Reactions: Corey@CNCFAB
#14 ·
I just installed my CS2 Evolution (smaller screen) and wow it's great. I love how i can read gauges now and looking forward to installing the EGT probe. Technology is great i wasn't really looking forward to installing 3 different gauges. The tunes run MUCH better then the previous Diablosport Predator-2 files. I'm currently on the Extreme file and it doesn't smoke as bad as the Diablosport and i no longer get the P1211 injection control fault code. Currently monitoring boost, IAT, trans fluid temp, MPG, RPM, engine oil temp.

#15 ·
I bought my CTS-2 and everything else from Corey. He's a good dude. In regards to the CTS-2 I love it.

Reactions: Corey@CNCFAB
#16 · (Edited)
Can someone tell me more about the 22lb MAP/PCM boost limit ya'll were talking about. It there something to this. I have early '04 stock for the most part, it is EGR & Cat deleted w/ 4" Flo-Pro, Stock head bolts. I have been chasing "Low" boost ( 22/bs ) since I got my CTS2 trying to figure out why that's about all I can get.. CAC boots look good and all other #s look fine. Is there a PCM defuel going on here ??

Thanks !!

Dan

#17 ·
Also, I it possible or has anyone had a water in fuel light come on because of the CTS2 being plugged in to the OBD2. My light has never come on until minutes after backing the truck off the rack after the CTS2 install.... Coincidence ??? I have pulled the HCFM off and cleaned it out and yes, it was nasty inside... But the light remains on. Any idea's ??? Could I have disturbed a wire/connector under the dash ?? Everything is as it was, except the CTS2 is now monitoring... Does the system have to go through a cycle or so many key cycles, or so many miles before the light will go off if my cleaning fixed it ? The only code the CTS2 showed was the P1000, I cleared all codes, the light went out for a few seconds and came back on... LOST.... :(

Thanks., Dan

#20 ·
I'm only seeing 21 psi max boost at the moment. I did get a fault code for my EBPV malfunction and i think this is in relates to the massive oil leak I'm seeing so it's going to get deleted soon either way if i decide to rebuild the oem turbo or get a 38R or something in that range.

Reactions: Tobydog007
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.