Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a edge evo in my 97 and i was thinking of getting the edge EZ on top of my evo. can this be done? and will it add power?

·
Registered
776 Posts
I looked into the Edge EZ, and while it's straightforward and simple, I passed. While I don't have a tuner yet, I wouldn't put my money tward a preprogrammed chip. I would just spend the money, and get either a TS, TW, or BD chip. These are adjustable in cab, and a 4 position chip, that is truly custom tuned to "YOUR" mods and setup, is going to be far more effective, and efficient than something that's preprogrammed.

There are a lot of guys here using preprogrammed chips. Some are reburnable, some aren't.

As for wether you can stack an Edge EZ on top of an Edge Evo, I have no idea.

mike

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
No dont do that, you cant stack chips on these trucks it does absolutely nothing, ditch the evo too and get yourself some custom tunes

·
Registered
776 Posts
There you have it. Someone more knowledgeable than I sets the record straight.:thumb: Thanks Matt.

I really think the custom tunes are the only way.:icon_ford: Might as well make the very best of "exactly" what you have.

mike

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where can you get a custom tune

·
Registered
776 Posts
If you want custom tunes, then you'll probably want to get a TW chip. I believe TS chips have custom tunes as well.

mike

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
TS is generic tunes, but most every custom tuner burns their tunes on a TS chip, check out TW, DP, Beans, Swamps, PHP, there are lots

1 - 7 of 7 Posts