Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my boss gave me an edge evolution that was under the back seat of his 96, its never been used and i was wonderin if it would work in my 2000? it says like for the 7.3l powerstroke and in another spot it says 94-2003

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
yes it will. its a universal programmer for ALL 7.3's. you can tune a 94' pull it out and stick it right into an 03' psd

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
give ya 150 4 it

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
yes it will. its a universal programmer for ALL 7.3's. you can tune a 94' pull it out and stick it right into an 03' psd
Only if you return it to stock first...

If it hasn't been used then it shouldn't be vin locked

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just in case it has been used, how do you return it to stock

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
If it has been used it will be VIN locked to the vehicle that it was used to program. The programmer won't communicate with any other trucks until the truck it programmed is returned to stock. This is because that trucks stock PCM info is stored in the programmer. If it programmed a truck, and you don't know what truck it was used on...the programmer is useless to you, it won't even read codes for you.

If it's not VIN locked, then it will work fine on your truck. The only way to find out is to plug it in and try it. You won't hurt anything by trying it. DON'T let it come unplugged while it is programming your truck...It will blank your PCM...Just ask sevenmallards.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
I just noticed your sig says something about a chip.

The edge won't work on your truck if there is a chip installed on it, your PCM is already being controlled by thet.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
basically what he is sayin is the person who sold it to you used like mine for example they had to return there truck to stock before they sent it to me but once they did that the evo is unlocked and now mine is uh....stuck on extreme! :woot:

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
If it is vin locked you can get EDGE to unlock it for 65 dollars.
I learn something new everyday. I didn't realize they would do it that cheap.

Good to know...:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts