Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about an evolution for my 08. i know there are better tuners but im not really looking for the power i just want a digital egt. this one says it's a no drill application wich is nice cause i always get nervous drilling into the manifold. i was going to do the insight but it's not much more money to get the extra 100 hp.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
please do i would like that.

I will be selling mine, shortly........ To upgrade to the DPF delete....

The EDGE Evolution EGT reading is slightly is higher than my EGT plumbed for the SNOW kit on my truck.....

Mike

·
Registered
372 Posts
If you don't want a tuner then look at the Edge Insight which is just a monitor

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
If you don't want a tuner then look at the Edge Insight which is just a monitor
Or the DashHawk. They basically the same.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think the edge insight is a touch cheaper or at least was at the time I got mine. I flashed my Insight with the Dashawk firmware though as its a bit nicer.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I know one is cheaper than the other. Just can't remember which one.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
According to their respective sites, the DashHawk is $299.99 and the Insight is $337.50 w/o thermocoupler.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Everything I have read so far says the Edge Insight/Dashhawk EGT reading is good without adding a thermocoupler but I don't know for sure.

I got my Insight from xtremediesel and they said I didn't need the thermocouple.

Btw, we got a little off topic. I think he might actually want the tuner too :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
the EVo is great, the only thing i would be concerned about is that your reflashing the computer. w/ the juice it just plugs inline of the computer system and wouldn't show up at the dealer.

yea you really don't need the probe, from what i've been hearing the stock probes are very accurate, this obviously coming from people that have both.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i don't really care one way or another about the tuner. i just saw that the evo was only a few more dollars and was a tuner vs. the insight with the egt probe. i assumed the probe was required to get the egt function to work. am i wrong?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i do not want the headaches of reflashing the computer. i wasn't aware i would need to do that. maybe i'll just do the insight or dashhawk.

·
Registered
372 Posts
i don't really care one way or another about the tuner. i just saw that the evo was only a few more dollars and was a tuner vs. the insight with the egt probe. i assumed the probe was required to get the egt function to work. am i wrong?
no probe needed on the 08s

·
Registered
372 Posts
no problem. Sorry for short response. Using my cel in a meeting :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts