Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Edge Evolution CS as stated above and it produced a fair amount of power for something that was supposed to be a 120hp tune. My friend has a 05' and we figured we would swap for a few days and the minutes we installed the Diablo on my truck, it was a WHOLE DIFFERENT ANIMAL!!!! :sofa" So we raced...I waxed his @$$ and he used to wax me. Both are almost identical as far as mods. I have 190,xxx he has 101,xxx and my truck has a few sticky injectors and a bad ICP sensor. I figure one these problems are fixed (October 13th) I will be faster due to a "perfect" running truck. The thing that shocks me is the Diablo says its a 100hp tune but it runs like twice that haha, or atleast it feels like it. Can anyone give me an explanation? David says his truck runs a bit better with my edge than the Diablo in his truck but the Diablo completley changed my truck. Any advice?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I have a friend that ran a Diablo predator on his 04 6.0 and yes it made a good amount of power (it would turn 38's over on dry pavement with just a stab) but he went through two transmissions before he listened to me and sold the Predator. Not trying to rain on your parade but the Edge isn't any better on transmissions. Just giving you some friendly advice from experience

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
What he said. I had an Edge, grenaded the transmission, then bought an SCT.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
same here, destroyed my transmission with diablo then went to php

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Edge cranks up the fuel psi and ignores the transmission. I don't care what the monitor says, trans settings do nothing on an Edge programmer, been there done that. Without addressing the electronics in the trans, shift pressures can't be changed, and eventually, the clutches end up looking like coffee grounds in black ATF. Been there, done that, too.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I had a diaBLOW that came with my truck as the gentleman i bout it from used the tow settings. I tried the 100 horse setting for a short time before i got my sct, power was good i thought. After getting my sct and just running my performance tune before getting custom tunes blew the diablo out of the water. If you think your truck runs good and feels fast now save up for an sct you'll be impressed all over again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts