Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the edge CTS the best to monitor or is there another option?

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
CTS for my vote :thumb:

your gonna find most guys on here are gonna say the CTS :nod:

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
My vote goes to the CTS

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
not going to lie, a buddy of mine has the dashdaq with spartan tuning on his 6.0 and the thing is made like crap... compared to the CTS that is

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
I have never used anything else but the Edge CTS and I really like it. I like it mostly because of what it can be expanded to do. Like it can be expanded to read EGTs (like all other monitors), Fuel Pressure (no other monitor), oil pressure (no other monitor), any pressure or temperature you want to monitor can be done with the CTS.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about the Banks iQ? Does it monitor the same things as the CTS?

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, the Banks IQ (which costs like twice what the CTS does) does in fact monitor all of the parameters that the CTS does. However, the factory PCM does not monitor EGTs (as most of know), fuel pressure, and oil pressure. There is no fuel pressure sensor on the 6.0s that would allow for any monitoring. With that being said, Edge has the ability to add on a universal input sensor that will allow the addition universal pressure sensors and/or temperature sensors and this is how you could monitor fuel pressure and oil pressure for that matter. The factory oil pressure sensor is just a pressure switch and not an actual pressure indicator. Therefore when oil PSI gets above 7 the gauge on your dash will read normal pressure. Now of course the Edge can also have an EGT probe added on as well. Hope this helps

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Well that is good to know. I am glad I went with my CTS. Now i just need to monitor actual oil pressure and I will be happy.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Do you have to buy anything else to monitor fuel pressure? or just plug the CTS in and you get the reading?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes you have to buy the eas pressure sensor and an adapter to screw into a port on the filter housing.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
640 Posts
That is what I thought. Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Guys,
Just to continue this line of questioning, I'm confused about the difference between the Edge products. If I understand correctly, the Insight strictly monitors and the Juice adds power levels. What's the deal with the Evolution CTS diesel? This also sounds like a monitor/power-adder.
I have a stock '05 Supercab 6.0 with an extended warranty. As I read more on this site, I see that I should be monitoring engine parameters. Is my best bet to go with the Insight for now (to not void warranty)? Will this limit adding mods in the future compared with the other products I mentioned? Thanks, sorry for the multiple questions. :confused: Eric

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am also confused. What do I need if all I want is to have the gauges and check/clear engine codes? Insight or evolution?

Does the scangauge II do the same?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts