Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any good options for the mounting the CTS that looks good? I like the CTS but am not crazy about the suction couple mount and the wires hanging out of the back.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Here's how I did mine. I bought a CTS used, so I had no suction mount, plus I was trying to conceal a bit to reduce the odds of someone stealing what looks like a GPS. It's just sheet metal, a couple brackets, rivets, screws, and a wire clamp. I used sticky back velcro to hold the CTS to the bracket. The only thing I can't see on the dash is the seat belt light and 'diesel fuel only'. The display is blocked with the right hand signal on and if the steering wheel is turned, but that is not typically when you're looking at it.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just ordered the dash pod and the adapter, no pix yet but i can post some next week sometime.

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Ive got the dash pod and it does pretty good,as long as your not shakin the truck too much. When Im on a rough road or onwash board it will over come the velcro and fall off the dash. But all in all its 10000 times better than the suction cup set up.

·
Premium Member
12,951 Posts
I'm in to see some setups...I'm hoping to finally get one of these in the next month or so and ditch my superchips that I've been using as a monitor.....as long as I can get rid of these IDMs lol... I have a great idea for a mounting point, but I need it in my hand first to see if it's even possible, but maybe you guys can help me and I can get started now.

Diagonally from corner to corner, how big is the unit? How long is the OBD cord?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Diagonally from corner to corner, how big is the unit? How long is the OBD cord?
5-5/8" corner to corner, and about 3" total depth required from the front of the screen to the back in order to accommodate cable bend. You can see the depth issue in my pics since these are not right angle connectors.

Not sure on the cord length. Mine is zipped up. I recall that's pretty long though. I think you could easily reach up to the upper left corner of the windshield. I wouldn't even worry about this. Mount it where you want it and if the cord is too short, buy an OBDII extender. They're only about $10 on Amazon.

Moose

·
Premium Member
12,951 Posts
5-5/8" corner to corner, and about 3" total depth required from the front of the screen to the back in order to accommodate cable bend. You can see the depth issue in my pics since these are not right angle connectors.

Not sure on the cord length. Mine is zipped up. I recall that's pretty long though. I think you could easily reach up to the upper left corner of the windshield. I wouldn't even worry about this. Mount it where you want it and if the cord is too short, buy an OBDII extender. They're only about $10 on Amazon.

Moose
Perfect thanks a lot Moose!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Herr's a Google image, pretty much how mine looks.

I didn't really like that it pointed straight back and didn't angle toward where the driver sits, but I agree it looks much better than the suction cup mount.

The glare is a little bit more than I like a lot of times due to that angle, but oh well.

Mine stays on well, I haven't had it fall off yet like kinnisoj has. But, most of my driving is on paved roads.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My truck has a manual transfer case, so I was thinking about mounting it some sort of way on the dash where the 4wd selector knob would be...but the more I hold it up there and think about it, the more I think my steering wheel would block my view. I'm not crazy about the suction mount, but I'd heard prior to this thread that it falls out of the dash mount on rough roads, and I'm on rough (gravel, sand or mud) roads every day, so I'm pretty hesitant to spend $$$ on something that I'm pretty sure won't work.

·
Registered
421 Posts

Moose
If anyone needs OBDII extenders, I have a bunch that are about 3 feet or so. Included in some GPS trackers at work, and the extensions were going in the garbage so I snagged a bunch. If anyone needs one or more, just shoot me a PM, you can have em.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.