Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2008 f250 with 80,000 miles. It came with Edge cs 85600 tuner. It also has a AFE dpf delete. What I'm trying to figure out is what to run the tuner on. It has a stock mode then race 1 2 3 4. When I called Edge they said the tuner has been discontinued because of a lawsuit. So they won't give me any info. It would be helpful if I could get any info on this tuner.

· Registered
712 Posts
Race #1 Stock
Race #2 35HP/150ft
Race #3 50HP/165ft
Race #4 90HP/205ft
Race #5 140HP/260ft

· Registered
1,103 Posts
It's fine. That tuner on #4 is about as much as my street tune from innovative. Your truck should go forever on that.

· Registered
1,103 Posts
My bad. Tow tune not street. H&S, Spartan and custom tuners will give up to +300hp

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Varies by person but what I've been told/read is don't get over 1600 for more than a couple seconds and not over 1200 for an extended period of time. Say like towing up a long hill.

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Search a little. I think the most common problems are leaking radiators/hoses. Egr coolers failing. Oil coolers clogging. A few other things. They can all be prevented for the most part. Just have to maintain it. Change fuel filters, drain water fuel separator, check fluids. These small problems if not caught early will lead to bigger problems. The sticky at the top of the page by country aggie covers all problems and has a list of recommended mods to help reliability

· Registered
33 Posts
Rdhf250 ??

I just bought a 2008 f250 with 80,000 miles. It came with Edge cs 85600 tuner. It also has a AFE dpf delete. What I'm trying to figure out is what to run the tuner on. It has a stock mode then race 1 2 3 4. When I called Edge they said the tuner has been discontinued because of a lawsuit. So they won't give me any info. It would be helpful if I could get any info on this tuner.
Well if you don't mind me asking what have you figured out? It's been a few months. I just bought a 08 F-450 with the same tuner on it. Don't want the racing tune I want a economy tune for everyday driving. Where you able to update it? I tried to hook mine tonight to the internet and was unable. Thought I would try again tomorrow and then call Edge Tech.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.