Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 02 F250 with the Edge Juice with Attitude. Now it has the recall that i need to take it back to the dealership. Do i need to remove the chip before i take it in? Can they delete the programs? Any help would be great!

Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
My local dealership didnt say anything about my chip. I don't think your chip is going to stop your dealership from doing the recall repair. I could be wrong...

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
for the CPS recall?
Just put the tune in 0. its not a programmer, and i dont think you have your warranty anymore lol so its not something youll need to worry about. I dont and i got the truck used too. theyve never even questioned me. I do reset the user warnings before i take it in so i know if theyve played with it or not. mostly they never even touch it.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick relpy guys. On my last truck i had a superchips programer and removed it before i took it in. Didnt want to risk anything on this one! Think i will just put it on 0 like you said an reset it.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Thanks for the quick relpy guys. On my last truck i had a superchips programer and removed it before i took it in. Didnt want to risk anything on this one! Think i will just put it on 0 like you said an reset it.
sounds good. Since its not really a programmer you dont need to restart the truck and all that jazz. Ive never had issues with mine. Its mostly the newer trucks, they void the warranties ya know? but im pretty sure ours are up anyways so it doesnt matter anymore.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, no waranty! Dont belive many 7.3's would have one left!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
yea, so with no warranty they have no reason to b!tch at you for it. Hell bring your truck in there with stage 2's and some N20 and i doubt they give a rats ***

1 - 7 of 7 Posts