Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a 2000 7.3 powerstroke and it is stock.ive got a 3 stage 40 60 100 chip will installing it rip my auto tranny out?or should i upgrade it before i put the chip in?any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
im a lil confused... the edge attitude is just a display... the juice is a modual.. but even the juice has 5 positions... are you running the edge evo?

how many miles does your trans got? when was it last serviced? the trans on these rigs is the weak link.. so ANY performance upgrade puts more stress on it than it is designed for... proper tuning is a must if you want to keep the trans happy... i would suggest going with a custom tuned chip like the TW and doing at least a valve body upgrade to the trans... you also need gauges... you really need to see what kind of temps your trans is pulling out right now...

other upgrades i recommend is a larger trans cooler or a secondary cooler....

hope this helps bud.. let me know if you need any prices on this stuff

-Raul

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive got gauges on the way and yes my chip is 5 sry but ill run my gauges stock first to see.ive only owned it for 2 months it has 195k on the truck not sure bout tranny.but ive already got the chip in the garage so i was going to run it for awhile to see if i like it or not.but tks for the help.

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
ive got gauges on the way and yes my chip is 5 sry but ill run my gauges stock first to see.ive only owned it for 2 months it has 195k on the truck not sure bout tranny.but ive already got the chip in the garage so i was going to run it for awhile to see if i like it or not.but tks for the help.
hm... Just FYI but the edge juice has no trans tuning.. it will make your trans shift like you know what... i had it on my truck for around 2 weeks before i took that crap out.... my suggestion is not to run it... with that many miles on your trans i wouldnt risk it.... oh and for some reason my trans went out around a month after i installed it... could be coincidence :( i had 60k on my truck

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts