Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using the Econoline adapter on my oil cooler housing to get rid of the coffee cans.

I found a piece that might work for adapting my oil filter hoses to the econoline adapter. The alternative is to use the factory lines, and tig weld AN fittings on to the ends of the lines.

I need to know if the dimensions in the econoline adapter are exactly the same as the ports on the econoline oil filter housing.

The piece I've found is meant for the oil filter housing.

Here's some pics of what I'm talking about. The econoline adapter is the one on the left. (On the oil cooler housings pic)

I'm cross posting this to other forums, as I need an answer so I can get it ordered.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts

I need to know if the dimensions in the econoline adapter are exactly the same as the ports on the econoline oil filter housing.

Yes. ...at least according to visual inspection and a bit of time with calipers.

Below is a photo showing the housing along with both "capture plates" (housing and adapter) and both ends of one of the lines.

Are you getting the connectors from MPD?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at Maryland diesel performance and machine.

·
Registered
565 Posts
kinda cool!

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Im no econoline expert by any means, but if you're wanting to clean up the valley id just put a bullet proof diesel oil cooler kit on it....that would get everything out of the valley (with a rr for the fuel), and youd have a much more reliable oil cooling system.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
They are the same size lines and spaced the same distance apart on each end.

Also I'll mention that the O-rings for the oil lines are the same as turbo drain tube O-rings. Yes I have worked on many e-series 6.0s

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm using the Econoline adapter on my oil cooler housing to get rid of the coffee cans.

I found a piece that might work for adapting my oil filter hoses to the econoline adapter. The alternative is to use the factory lines, and tig weld AN fittings on to the ends of the lines.

Here's some pics of what I'm talking about. The econoline adapter is the one on the left. (On the oil cooler housings pic)

I'm cross posting this to other forums, as I need an answer so I can get it ordered.
I am curious where the adapters are available to purchase, the ones that go from the o-ring fittings to an fittings. Also will those adapters also work on the oil cooler cover side as well?

·
Registered
5 Posts

Where did you get the oil filter adapters in the pic? That go front housing rings To AN...

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are the same size lines and spaced the same distance apart on each end.

Also I'll mention that the O-rings for the oil lines are the same as turbo drain tube O-rings. Yes I have worked on many e-series 6.0s
How do you take out the housing if there’s already one in it to replace the lines

·
Registered
5 Posts
How do you take out the housing if there’s already one in it to replace the lines
I don't really understand your question. There are 2 different types of housings. One for trucks [with filter bowl on top]. And one for vans [which has no oil filter, but ports for tubes.] If you want to change housings, you remove and replace it like you would when removing to change the oil cooler.

I have of couple of these adapters I bought online from Maryland Performance Diesel. $100 [includes the shipping].

·
Registered
3 Posts
so I'm working on a E-450 ambulance and it has that whole housing on it and in order to pull the motor that needs to come off so how would i go about that to pull the housing off.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
so I'm working on a E-450 ambulance and it has that whole housing on it and in order to pull the motor that needs to come off so how would i go about that to pull the housing off.
Pretty easy to pull the filter housing. DI think 10mm bolt to remove the oil pipes. And then just unbolt oil filter housing from the engine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts