Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad bought a new ecm for his truck and I am trying to help him with a few things:
1) Find out if it comes from the dealership with a strategy written and ready for install or he has to get it programmed on his truck.

2) If he gets the option to rollback to another strategy possibly through the dealer tech, which one would you recommend

I am going to check this weekend with my sct to see what MY strategy he had on his old ecm but I think it should be in the VXB family

3) If the tech says he can only give him the newest strategy should he get that or send it to PHP for a rollback

His truck is a late year 04 build November and we just replaced the oil cooler and deleted the egr. After looking on PHP's site they can rollback to stock for no tunes and rollback to stock for egr delete but that is twice the cost and it didnt throw any codes so far and I heard the 03-04's didnt tend to throw egr delete codes

He is just looking for better mileage, not any tunes or power anytime soon, just gain some mpg's he lost in a previous flash

Thanks for all help guys

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump, guys need some advice, ecm came in yesterday

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
my personal opinion if I was to go out and buy another truck again which I am looking at a F350 CCLB DRW I plan on getting the lastest sECM release and then doing a Innovative Diesel mild FICM tune. the power and mileage loss is in the updated FICM code not really the ECM code.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts