Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this past weekend i did the EBPV delete on my truck. Had an oil leak so i figured i might as well get rid of it. bought the EBPV delete pedestal and then just removed the butterfly and welded up the hole. Got it all reassembled and then test drove it. Its got a louder WHOOOOSH now when i let off the throttle from the turbo. It's just different. Is this sound normal after an EBPV delete??

·
Registered
236 Posts
I noticed a sound change too, all be it not much. I replaced the turbo outlet instead of gutting the butterfly valve and I also deleted the AIH to, so I'm sure there is more air moving with less turbulence so the sound should probably be a little different. Turbo comes on sooner too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh man, I can sleep easy now :) I had tore everything back apart and double checked all the clamps and alignment of the collector and was paranoid. I guess it must just flow a little different now. No more oil leak and hopefully a little difference in EGT's.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
oh man, I can sleep easy now :) I had tore everything back apart and double checked all the clamps and alignment of the collector and was paranoid. I guess it must just flow a little different now. No more oil leak and hopefully a little difference in EGT's.
This is what I was thinking could be the cause. If all is well there, than you should be good to go.

When that collector isn't lined up, it's a really loud hiss. Ask me how I know :icon_ford:

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
after a quick hard pull it makes a cool woosh sound. that what i noticed after i deleted mine

i noticed about 50-60 degree drop in peak egts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts