Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought the 28 dollar tap, and two $2 pipe plugs and gutted/tapped/plugged my spare this weekend and then installed it on my truck.

I have a spare EBPV housing now. I changed mine without taking the turbo out of the truck. Disconnect downpipe, move it down and out of the way. Push the clip on the EBPV rod towards the driver side, remove all 7 8mm bolts, and then pull straight up.

You need a 3/8ths drive shallow well 8mm 12 point socket with 2 varying size extensions (3" and 6" worked for me) and a swivel for the one up against the firewall.

Here's my idea... I can remove the valve for you, tap the holes, and then plug them.

There are 2 ways to do this.
1. You remove your EBPV housing, send it to me, I gut it, tap it, plug it and send it back. All on your shipping and parts on your dime.

OR

2. You pay core fee + shipping + parts fee, (I'll see what a new one costs at the local dealer and let you know), and I'll send you a gutted/tapped/plugged EBPV housing. Upon return of your housing, I can refund your core fee.

I don't plan to make any money off this really, but any "tips" are welcome :p

I'll have some pics up sometime later of mine installed.

Here is a pic...

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe later tonight when I get home...

·
Registered
50 Posts
What is that valve and why is it beneficial to remove it?

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Marty, I only have one word for you.........

VIDEO

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I was going to video gutting/plugging the spare... I don't have my good camera anymore since the dog knocked it off the work bench while doing the injector install video. However I can use momma's just have to be 10x's more careful!

What is that valve and why is it beneficial to remove it?
It's beneficial to remove it to increase flow (slightly) and also prevent the EBPV from sticking and robbing you of power and fuel economy.

:taze: should be the tag LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts