Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a way to completely control the ebpv myself, right now i have the sensor unpluged because the sensor is bad and keeps the valve shut too long. id like to have it for warming up in the winter and to use it for an exaust brake when i want, i already have the torque converter lock up switch.

·
Registered
862 Posts
You don't have to go into so much detail. When i had mine on the truck i just hooked it to a simple on off toggle.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
big stroker, youve got a bad *** 7.3, can you still tow with it? anyways do i just find the power wire running to the valve and wire a switch to ground it out and put power to it? do you keep constant power to it to keep it open?

·
Registered
862 Posts
big stroker, youve got a bad *** 7.3, can you still tow with it? anyways do i just find the power wire running to the valve and wire a switch to ground it out and put power to it? do you keep constant power to it to keep it open?
Thanks... yes I still tow with it every weekend. Its all in the good tuning.

But if i remember right you add power to it to close it. no power holds it open.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ohh, maybe ill use the diesel stop directions and figure out witch way i want to run it, maybe just to the brake switch so it comes on when im braking

·
Registered
862 Posts
ohh, maybe ill use the diesel stop directions and figure out witch way i want to run it, maybe just to the brake switch so it comes on when im braking
I don't like the brake switch way just because i liked to use it with out having to hit the brake. That way you have FULL control over it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did it actually help slow you down? i also want it for the winters here but it would be nice to use it as a brake

·
Registered
862 Posts
as long as you where going faster then 40 yes it would help some.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its worth it just for that and to be able to use it in the winter

·
Registered
862 Posts
If it was me i would just gut it and for get about it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha, i have 280,000 on my truck and i dont feel like pulling part of the turbo apart. plus i dont make near enough power to benifit from it

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how bad was it to swap that zf in?

·
Registered
862 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if my truck wasnt 2wd id be looking for the parts to swap

·
Registered
862 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
do you run 12v to the grey/red wire, and if so wheres the best place to get the 12v, or do you just tape into the grey/red wire and ground it out?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts