Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that the ebpv cycles from open closed then open again on start up. I had someone start up my truck while i watched that little lever under the turbo... I didnt move ... Am i looking at the right spot to trouble shoot this ?? I also recieved a code po470... any help would be great since im getting ready to take this thing on a 1500 mi road trip ....thnx everyone.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump: i need to keep this open....

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you are looking at the left (passenger) side of the turbo, where the exhaust exits, then I would say you are looking at the right spot. If your engine is cold (and not running)you can reach in there, and on the bottom side where the linkage is you can move it with your hand. Mine has a pretty strong spring pressure which holds it into the open position. If you look with a small mechanics mirror you should see that it is held open against a stop tab on the arm that is connected to the butterfly valve. This should give you a reference, so that when it is running and you look at it, (don't try reaching in there while your engine is running) you have an idea if it is closed, open, or somewhere in-between.
I hope this helps a little. I don't know what the code means.
Good luck :thumb:

·
scuffs *****
5,270 Posts
P0470 - EBP - Exhaust back pressure sensor circuit malfunction
Causes: Biased sensor, open signal return

1 - 4 of 4 Posts