Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this sensor's purpouse??? How does it effect my engine performance. I took off the metal line to the sensor and found that both the sensor and line were filled with crap that had to be restricting the airflow badly! The line also has a hole in it??? Help me out. :dunno:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody????

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cant tell you exactly what its for brother, but I cleaned mine yesterday and holy hell my truck is acting better. I would highly recommend to anyone: If you havent cleaned your EBPV in the last 15K miles, do it before anything else repair wise. My truck is accelerating smoother, sounds better (had a ticking sound), seems to shift better, and seems to be getting slightly better mileage. Cant recommend it enough.

Procedure: Note: proceed at your own risk. This is my experience and yours may vary.

1. Pop hood
2. Get stool and once looking down into engine compartment, look straight down in front of fan and towards passenger front fender. You will see the tube connecting to a sensor, sensor on top tube on bottom.
3. go into shop and find 2 wrenches: short 16mm open ended and any size 15mm
4. using the 15mm wrench, secure the fitting that the tube connects to. using the 16 mm wrench loosen the fitting on the tube (make sure you are loosening the right way)
5. once disconnected at top, get off stool and go to front passenger wheel well. locate exhaust manifold and look at the front of it. you should see the other end of the tube located towards the front.
6. Loosen the nut on the tube and remove tube.
7. use brake cleaner or engine degreaser spray down into tube. let sit for 10 minutes. blow out with compressed air. repeat until cleaner comes out the same color it went in.
8. reinstall (reverse steps 1-8)

and enjoy!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:bump::bump:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts