Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, after lurking around forever on the site I finally decided to start posting and get involved more proactively. Considering a ton of guys on here, including myself, have been looking for cheaper alternatives to Harley headlights, I finally found some on ebay after all these years, and for a good price.
08-10 Ford Super Duty CLEAR LENS BLACK Crystal Head Lights Lamp Pair Headlight | eBay

That's the link to them, looks like a great alternative to ripping our stockers apart. There's also a version with tinted lenses in addition to the painted bezels. Hopefully this helps a lot of guys out as I know it helps me for the future.

·
Registered
24 Posts
thanks man i have been looking for a cheap set of harleys. buying right now!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I'd be interested in these, especially at that price. Someone needs to hurry up and get some reviews done on these things.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's actually a couple of vendors on there selling these, and the tinted lens versions as well so hopefully these pan out to be a good thing. Texas Stroker you'll have to throw some pictures up when you get them and let us know how they compare. I'm not too worried about it myself as I've had good luck on ebay for years having bought parts for my past hobby of dropped rangers :thumb:, now I just need to pinch a few more pennies to completely redo the front (grill and bumpers) for the total blackout look. Of course I guess I could just get these and put them on with the chrome grill and bumper and see how they look...

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am very interested in how these turn out. I would love to have a set of true Harley lights on my truck but for the price... that will never happen!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would love to see how they come out! Pics of the install would be awesome!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
That's a really good deal, I'm gonna have to save up. I have been wanting to see what they look like on my truck but knew if I painted mine it theres no going back

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
just ordered a pair! pics to come when they show up

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Salnazzaro I can't wait to see what it looks like on yours. I've been hesitating to get them without having a black bumper and grill, but seeing as you have the chrome up front also this will give me inspiration!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I got a pair off ebay for my 6.0 and put them right next to my stock clear ones and there was no difference that I could see. Been running these ebay harley lights for 3 months now with no problems and they're just as good as the stock lights as far as light output goes.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Lol that was my hesitation too, I can't wait to get them to see what they look like on my truck, pics will be up as soon as I get them

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Well I got all excited for nothing today! Headlights showed up at our shop today and I just opened them up to find one of the mounting tabs broken! It didn't completely break off but it's almost there so before I go through the hassle of shipping one back I'm going to try to see how some glue works on it. The company had no type of padding or newspaper in the light boxes, idiots! Never fails!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Figures, I ran into similar issues in the past with some ebay products, but they were fixable just irritating. I figured for the price I paid I had to figure something would be wrong. Hopefully it's a fixable problem for you, cause I sure am looking forward to see how they look on there!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I'm going to try to glue it, it's driving me nuts to not have them on the truck!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
How do they look quality wise?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
They look pretty darn good for $140!! Just epoxied it together and I'll be installing them tomorrow after work

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Ok I installed them quick before going to going to a picnic, they fit and loo awesome, I reinstalled my factory ones until I get my strobes I ordered for the "Harley" lights, should have the strobes mid week but the lights fit great, I had my doubts! Great deal!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts