Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen a climate control "EATC" do this. I have had the "blank display" issue several times in the past but this time when it came back on it looks like this. Nothing seems to make any difference.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
Has anyone ever seen a climate control "EATC" do this. I have had the "blank display" issue several times in the past but this time when it came back on it looks like this. Nothing seems to make any difference.

Have you tried disconnecting both plugs then plug them back it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried disconnecting both plugs then plug them back it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, yes. It comes back up like this. I'm thinking of buying one on ebay but man they are costly. Normally when it goes blank cutting the truck off and back on, cycling the lights or some combination brings it back. Hopefully someone has seen this combination of lights before.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Have you tried pusing "OFF" then "AUTO" then "OFF" again? - usually when I disconnect my batteries, it does exactly what you show, and that sequence of buttons is what fixes it.

-jokester

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tried pusing "OFF" then "AUTO" then "OFF" again? - usually when I disconnect my batteries, it does exactly what you show, and that sequence of buttons is what fixes it.

-jokester
Im not sure if that is a joke but no, i havent tried that specifically.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Im not sure if that is a joke but no, i havent tried that specifically.

LOL I can see why you would say that, but I really am serious. That usually fixes mine when I see this after disconnecting the batteries for awhile. Try it...

-jokester

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL I can see why you would say that, but I really am serious. That usually fixes mine when I see this after disconnecting the batteries for awhile. Try it...

-jokester
I tried it, no bueno. Guess I will spend the $150 for an ebay unit and hope for the best.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Send me the old one, I want to see what failed inside.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
I've also heard of cycling your headlight switch from auto to off a couple times too - something to do with sharing the same power or ground as the switch or something like that. Might give that a shot.

-jokester

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Send me shipping info.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've also heard of cycling your headlight switch from auto to off a couple times too - something to do with sharing the same power or ground as the switch or something like that. Might give that a shot.

-jokester
I tried the headlight trick. That worked before when the display went blank. Nothing this time.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
I tried the headlight trick. That worked before when the display went blank. Nothing this time.

Well that sucks...Keep us updated.

-jokester

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was told to turn on and off the head lights. I had this happen 1 time.But it came back on before I can try this

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is there anyone that still making conversion kit for this to work in OBS Fords?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know about that.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The "new" one works fine. I tried the original again after the new one worked and it is still doing the same thing. I'll try to find time to get the original one shipped out soon.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I shipped it out to you today. You should have it in 2-3 days. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey I'm new here. Is this style mentioned above electronic only or have vacuum operated doors? Mine will get stuck on defrost mostly. It'll blow cold and then
get warmer, (not on auto when it does this). Evacuated system and it was full, pulled a 25 minute vacuum on system and it held 25 inhg for 25 minutes straight. Pressures seem to been fine when compressor cycling on and off. Driving 8 hours this weekend to PA any suggestions are welcome or any info I may have left out. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
This convo is for the electric control -- no vacuum lines

1 - 20 of 22 Posts