Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a early job one and a spartan... im getting a full exhaust and intake this week and want to know what tune i can run on and be safe all around i dont want to have problems down the road i baby it as it is and get on it once in a while not often. also what tune would be good for a 8 or 9k trailer? thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Cory I have a job one 08 and been running the 250 275 and the 310 tune w/TCM since they released the tunes. I think you will have no problem with the 250 tune and get the best mpg. I tow my 12k 5th wheel camper with the 275 since I got it . You just have to watch your temps.This is with dpf delete I see you are running dpf on.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Personally the tune I feel safest having a little fun in and know i'm not gonna hurt anything is the 250.

For towing use the 210 TP

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about if i dont have the tcm and just the spartan.. is 250 still a good reliable tune??

·
Registered
742 Posts
yessir :thumb:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
People have blown Head Gaskets on the 275, and 310 tunes on here. However, I think most who have, run the crap out of their trucks. I run the 210 99% of the time, and although it doesn't give the best fuel mileage, I can use it for everything safely. But I do tow a lot with my truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts