Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do like black smoke, but I installed an H2E and adrenaline on my early 99 and it blows way to much black smoke. When I installed it I was told to unplug the exhaust sensor that is located on the front of the motor. The tube that runs from the sensor to the passenger side exhaust manifold had holes in it so I threw it away and put a plug in the manifold. The truck runs ok, but idles rough and blows way to much smoke. The fuel mileage isn't very good at all either. When I put the 6 position chip in the BTS 120 hp race setting the truck blows the thickest black smoke when I barely press the pedal to go and gets worse as I go faster. I drive this truck like an old lady so hammering the pedal isn't the mileage problem.

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
is your chip reburned for the turbo(i had to ask)?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had Cale at BTS re-burn the chip. I am not sure what the boost is because my gauge quit working. Do you mean scan to see what the high pressure oil is running at? The hpop is an adrenaline and I installed it at the same time I installed the H2E. I have been to busy to call BTS, dieselsite or where I bought the H2E kit from. I have only had time to work on this late at night.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Besides idling rough and blowing way to much black smoke my truck hauls ***.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there anyone that can help me with this? I do appreciate all of your help in advance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts