Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the differences between the early 99 and late turbo differences. besides the compressor wheel and size? Why are there different pedestals? Is the mounting height different? Most of the upgrades specify 99.5 to 2003? Is it worth while to put the 99.5 and later upgrades on such as the one put together by a vendor. The kit consist of manifolds,y-pipe, up pipes, pedestal,... etc. Thanks for looking.
Bryan

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have read all of the information there. I guess what I'm trying to ask is. If a 99.5 or newer 7.3 turbo will "bolt on" without any supporting mods, ie. pedestal, y-pipe? When I look @ the turbo position on my truck the trans dipstick is really close to the turbo. I havent seen any 99.5 or newer truck to compare the differences there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry that's a typo. will correct.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Well that just changed everything now didn't it?

For your truck, you'll need the late 99 turbo, pedistal, y pipe, up pipes, intake spider, and intake manifolds (as well as all the boots). I may be forgetting a few things.

As far as "is it worth it?".. well maybe. Depends on your goals. The output of an early 99 vs. late 99 turbo isn't really all that much. BUT, it lays the foundation for a few "drop in" turbo's at that point. Right now, the only drop in turbo is the D66 from Bean's diesel. While this is a awesome turbo, it has it's limits. You can only push 40psi and you can't use larger than stage 2 injectors. This means that someone like me, can't use this in my early 99. I run stage 3's and I still have the stock turbo. And yes, I push it past 40psi at times.

There are other, more expensive options like the h2e or s300 that use different mountings altogether that will install the same way on an early or late 99+.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts