Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to get a hub bearing assembly for my early 99 F350? Seen the ones on ebay but they are for 3/99 and later trucks. Also is there a way to tell if the truck is 4 wheel or 2 wheel ABS?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
BEST place? Ford. Realistic place? Advance Auto lol.

If there is an ABS sensor in the rear it's 4 wheel. If not and only on the front it's 2. Simple as that!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick response

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
you can buy hubs for the late 99 thru 03. they are cheaper and are just as good. You just needto change the front rotor to a newer99 thru 03 rotor. Then reinstall. The early 99 hub costs a lot lot more. Dont use em. Newer style and a rotor.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
03 hubs work too but i think they went to fine thread on the lug nuts. use late 99 thru like 01, this way the lug nuts you have will still work. I just did this. It works no problem.
buy the hub for 4 wheel abs, If you dont have it on the truck now, when installing the new hub just cut the wires off. Hub is the same. If you are unsure. That way you dont get stuck with something you cant use.,
Usually, i think 4wd has 4 wheel abs, and 2 wd the other.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, so Ill get the hub assembly for the late 99 and new rotors, will the early 99 calipers and brackets work with the late 99 rotors? Just want to buy everything at once

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
yes, caliper and bracket are the same. One rotor for each new hub, they need to match the dish is different. If you are only doing one side buy just one rotor. remember 03 hubs and 04 fit too.But lug nuts will be different. get 99 thru 01

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Ebay is a good place to get them if you are on a budget!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will it hurt to upgrade one side at a time. I take it the only differance is the rotor "backspace" due to the hub flange thickness.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
No, wont hurt, I would recommend installing new pads on the side with the new rotor.
Save the other 2 pads if you are going to do the other side soon. Dont change the other side if its not bad.(hub I mean)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hubs on ebay can be bought for approx 125 delivered, if you are on a budget. Approx 240 at advance auto.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok i'm in the same boat here with a early 99 with a roaring hub. My rotors are warped so I figured since they have already been turned a few times I would replace them too. So all I need is a pair of 01 rotors and a 01 hub with ABS? FYI my truck is a early 99 4x4....

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
correct, it needs to be 4wd, abs. in 03 they went to fine thread on the studs. The parts would still work but newlug nuts would be needed. Get them for an 01 or a 2000 same thing should be samepart number. YOu wont have a problem assembling them. Exactly the same fit as long as rotor and hub match

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
the hubs back spacing (so to speak)is different. The brake rotor needs toline up with the caliper and the caliper bolts. One hub sticks out farther then the other and the correct rotor needs to be used so the brake and its accessories line up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
the hubs back spacing (so to speak)is different. The brake rotor needs toline up with the caliper and the caliper bolts. One hub sticks out farther then the other and the correct rotor needs to be used so the brake and its accessories line up.
:thumb: ok money is tight, need to save as much as possible

1 - 16 of 16 Posts