Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my cousin tried to install a TS chip on his early 99..He did EVERYTHING correctly and after the install he attempted to fire up the truck but it cranks and no start. I noticed the WTS light is not coming on and the fuel pump is not buzzing. I checked the batteries,connections,PCM connection,pulled fuse #22,tried with chip out & in, unplugged the fuel bowl heater and nothing..there is a click that can be heard on the fuse block under the hood and at the module at the driver side front of the fender (behind the drivers headlight) It cranks over fast and volts dont drop after 8-10 seconds of cranking...IM GOING ABSOLUTELY CRAZY! and ideas?

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
It sounds like the PCM isn't running :(

Not sure why that would happen if he did "everything right" (didn't have the key in the ON position or misalign the plug) because it does seem like a coincidence that this happened while installing the chip...

Hopefully not, but, coulda "popped" the PCM.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I honestly think that even providing them with the PCM numbers and telling them clearly it was an EARLY 99..they sent him the wrong chip and it fried the PCM..I have installed alot of these style chips for friends/family and never had an issue myself. He told me the key was out and on the floor board along with both batteries undone just to be safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts