Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new PMT1 computer. Does anyone know if Tony Wildman can reburn the new computer to work in my truck and also reburn my TS chip with his tunes?
I’m working nights this week so I can’t call Tony or Raul during normal business hours but I’m eager to get started on this upgrade.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Tony cant reburn the PMT1 pcm, but he caqn reburn your TS chip for the PCM. I would send him your TS chip with $150.00 and have him put his custom burns on it for the PMT1.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I gotta get the PMT1 computer setup to work with my truck first, don't I??

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
what PCM code is your new PCM?

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s at home and I'm at work but if I remember right it is a DPC422 and PMT1.
My truck has a XLE8 in it now.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
If your PCM is already PMT1 , then you don't need it reflashed. You just need a chip for your PMT1 PCM.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your PCM is already PMT1 , then you don't need it reflashed. You just need a chip for your PMT1 PCM.
Well that’s even better, I thought I’d have to get the new PMT1 computer flashed before it would work right in my early 99. So if the PMT1 is already good to go then I guess all I need to do is send my chip in to be reburned. I hate to do without the truck during that time, I wonder if I can drive it without the chip because of the singleshot injectors and which computer will work best with no chip? I need to tow a tractor Saturday.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
I think the guys usually say it will idle like crap, the throttle will be touchy but at about 1600-1800rpm is smooths out and runs fine.

Wait until you tow the load to send the chip in.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot for the info.
I tow too sporadically to plan ahead more than a few days. I need to tow a tractor Saturday and probably two more times the next week and the wife’s talking about a camping trip the next weekend, crap I hope Tony can reburn the chip and turn it around pretty quick. I'm going to hate being stuck in the little Ford ranger for too long. Plus it don’t have a gooseneck ball :doh:

·
Registered
585 Posts
well he should be able to reburn it in one day..... the long part is shipping.... pay the extra to overnight it or something and it will be a quick turnaround....

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, got my new computer installed, she cranked right up and runs pretty smooth. I put my old XLE8 Swamps Diesel programmed chip in and to my surprise she still cranks and runs good, Drove it around the block and it shifts a lot better, only problem is the CEL keeps coming on with an IDM code. I took my chip out and I’m fixing to mail it to Tony Wildman for the reburn. Does anyone know if the IDM code will go away with the chip burned for the right computer or is there something else wrong?

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I noticed today that the new computer without a chip seems much more powerful than the old computer without a chip. It definitely shifts smoother, almost too smooth. There were no check engine lights or any problems on my 20 mile drive today. I guess the xle8 chip was causing the IDM code. It does idle a little rough and high and when I stomp it she blows a big puff of smoke and rattles a lot more. Apparently I do not have a cruise light in the dash or it doesn’t work but I can live with that. I can’t wait to get the chip back from reburning and see how she works.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Pretty interesting about the cruise light. Dirk also did not have the cruise light after the PCM swap. I know mine and others that have the cruise light that started working. I wonder if it has anything to do with the date in which it was built/they started putting the light in the trucks.

Keep us posted on the progress. This is all very interesting stuff.

·
Cynic
11,178 Posts
Pretty interesting about the cruise light. Dirk also did not have the cruise light after the PCM swap. I know mine and others that have the cruise light that started working. I wonder if it has anything to do with the date in which it was built/they started putting the light in the trucks.

Keep us posted on the progress. This is all very interesting stuff.
Damn you early 99 no cruise light trucks!! :tard: My build date is 10/98.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
My truck was born on 11-20-98

On edit: I am a :tard:. I that is already in my sig......:tard::doh:

·
Cynic
11,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think mine is earlier, like 3-98, the sticker in the door is missing so I don't know.

·
Cynic
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
If I upgrade my PCM will TW reburn my chip to the new PCM for free, or will it cost me another $150? I have e-mailed him two times and left one phone message and still have not heard anything back. Is he always this hard to contact?

Thanks,
STROKER

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
If you bought your chip from him or one of his vendors, yes. If the chip was bought from someone else and then you had Tony reburn it, NO.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts