Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
Mine jumps out of gear under heavy acceleration when going under 30 or so mph what does that relate to?

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
Ok we'll I've got a new shift cable neutral safety sensor and VSS goin on soon

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
Well, I think we gave you a few suggestions.

You said the guy changed the starter solenoid and then lied about it. Then you said "It will come on once i go to fire it after its warm" but what are you talking about here? Are you referring to the "wait to start" light or other indicators?

When you say starter solenoid, are you talking about the solenoid on the starter itself or the starter solenoid relay up under the hood? If you're referring to the one under the hood, are you talking about the starter solenoid relay or the glow plug relay? You may not realize it but they look very similar if not exactly the same BUT ARE ACTUALLY 2 different solenoids meant for two different purposes. I'm not saying you are but are you "possibly" mistaking the glow plug relay solenoid with the starter solenoid relay? Or, are you referring to the solenoid on the starter itself?

Since the guy lied in the first place, I wouldn't trust what he said to begin with and DEFINATELY NOT now.

As for the neutral safety switch being replaced, just because it was replaced does NOT mean that it was installed CORRECTLY. They need to be adjusted CORRECTLY for them to work correctly. They are "supposed" to be installed with a special tool from Ford but you can install them without it if you're good enough.

But, keep in mind, if this switch is off on the alignment, it may be causing your issues. It might not be but it is a possibility.

Since you said that if you unplug it and then plug it back in and it runs fine, I would consider looking at that area further. But, maybe it has something to do with simply turning the truck off and then on again.

Since you said that the truck seems to run fine after unplugging and replugging the connector back in, I will "assume" that the trans itself is still ok and we're talking about an electrical issue but you never know.

But, I think we gave you a few ideas to check out. After some electrical checks, then you get into testing pressure and so on but basically, if you can't find anything wrong electrically, there really isn't much left to narrow it down to other than the transmission lines being clogged or restricted or having low transmission fluid levels. Outside of that, what's next? The transmission.

So, have you checked some or all of the things that we have mentioned so far? We mentioned quite a few of them to check.

Which ideas have you tried yet so far?
Ok so I went to my dealership and asked about the proceedure for putting on the cable and safety switch and he said the switch comes from the factory in the neutral position so when putting it on make sure the trans is in the neutral position is this correct?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.