Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im building my Mach up efuel system right now and ive run into a question that i cant seem to find any clear answers on. :eek:hnoes:

ok here we go. my plan right now is mounting my prefilter/pump/filter on my frame rail. deleting my fuel bowl, running the lines in the back ports on the heads. now here is my question. and keep in mind this diesel world is like learning japanes.

so the 7.3 has ports in the front and the back of the heads. i havnt gotten into it on my truck yet, but are all 4 ports used in a normal system? meaning pressure goes in the back and front is a return for whats not used? doesnt sound right to me?

what im thinking is fuel is run from the filter/pump/filter to a FPR, your set pressure lets say 75psi is run to the back of the head, the what excess pressure is there comes from the FPR back to the return lines to the tank?

that said, i see most FPRs are mounted on top of the HPOP. if i were to mount mine back on the filter/pump/filter plate and run the return to the tank? any pros/cons to this?

also for what ever its worth my end goal is to be running a vegistroke system, so that may be a game changer on how its set up?

any input yall have is appreciated

thanks
Vandy

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
Love the sig pic.

Our trucks have a return style fuel system (as apposed to carbureted cars and newer fuel injected set-ups in cars like the mustang that dead head the fuel on top of the motor). What this means to us is that our FPR is after the heads and controls how much fuel (by way of pressure) is returning back to the tanks. Not how much pressure is entering the motor and the waste trickles back to the tank. IIRC, your setup should follow the path of:

Tank selector supply -> pump/filters -> lift pipe -> valley -> bango fitting (if your using it) -> back of the heads (this is important as cylinder 6 & 8 fire one after the other and you need the supply here more then anywhere else) -> out the front of the heads to the FPR (that will hold the pressure back inside of the heads) -> return line back to the tank selector.

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
I'm not up on my Alt. fuels (there is a thread near the top of the forum that has lots of info) but I believe that WVO is still refined down to near straight diesel properties. I don't think that there is any build difference between the two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts