Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about 4 years I bought a beans e-fuel system. The system use a walbro pump. Needless to say the pump failed. So called beans and the said I could use one from a 99+ SD. I ordered one up installed it. While the weather was cold it seemed to run great. The last few days it was been crapping I think. It seems as though it loses pressure and I have no idea why. I am thinking maybe pluging line or may have got some water in system. I have not changed my filters since june but don't drive the truck a whole lot. maybe 1000 miles per month. It has been parked for the last 2. Any ideas on what may be causeing to lose pressure would be big help. Oh and yes when it dies the pump is still running. Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's kinda what I was thinking. hopefully I can find some local and try that this weekend

·
BANNED by Kris
6,322 Posts
Beans filters are WIX filters. any parts store can get them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I am just gonna order some from eBay or what not. I called around and the Napa in town said one is in Denver the other in CA. And is at least 5 days out . So with that in mind may as well order online out of state.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well just went out to open the drains on filters for s&g . First filter was not too bad but second had tons of crud come out of it . So gonna see if it will help in the meantime .

·
BANNED by Kris
6,322 Posts
Only warning when ordering filters for our setup is that we use less than common cam-lock filters designed by CAT to the regular spin on filters.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is great info to know. I think the system has been changed to stanadyne fm100 series with clear bowl. Was thinking of getting them but hard to track down numbers for them. May have to get the wix ones again.

·
BANNED by Kris
6,322 Posts
Stanadyne also makes cam-lock filters. Wix is the direct replacement and uses the same part numbers. The clear bowls will transfer to any filter with a drain port. Keep those bowls, they are like $100 a pair.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow crapola that's alot. Well as an update. I drained bowls like I had said and have had it running for an hour now set on hi idle. No hiccup but still gonna change out the filters. That and will take it out tomorrow for some testing.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is the I guess the first gen bdp e fuel system cause they have made a lot of changes since I got mine. As for Dyno never have but starts and throttle response it awsome. Cheaper to build one one your own now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.