Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on E-Bay a delete kit that removed the factory egr sensor and relaced it with a dummy that is held in by clamps. Is a $80 part compaired to the $500 delete kit and takes they claim an hour to install. Now I know its the cheep way to go but just like most everyone else I dont have the money. Does anyone think this will work and withstand normal performance upgrades, or be a waste of time?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I did a block off but then took it out completely at home job, cut and welded, only cost was a $7.50 piece of .75 inch steel tube, used factory connections at both coolant connection points, used flange to exaust, just welded that up and clamped in place, bolted a plate over the connection to intake manifold. My concern was what if coolant leaked and then got into the engine? I wanted to eleminate any chance of that, so the block off was not good enough for my comfort. I found a good post with pictures of a home made delete here somewhere.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I saw on E-Bay a delete kit that removed the factory egr sensor and relaced it with a dummy that is held in by clamps. Is a $80 part compaired to the $500 delete kit and takes they claim an hour to install. Now I know its the cheep way to go but just like most everyone else I dont have the money. Does anyone think this will work and withstand normal performance upgrades, or be a waste of time?

thats not a FULL delete kit, with that your are ONLY removing your EGR valve, but your EGR cooler is still intact and will still eventually fail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts