Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
made a bunch of dyno runs on dynojet in Meridian Idaho. Temps 85, all measurements are "compensated."

When I started, I told dyno Don I would be happy if we got to 300 horse rear wheels.

Truck is 99 6 speed, Tymar, BTM but otherwise bone stock exhaust, Luk, and 130k miles. I do not have the MAP sensor mod, or any changes to wastegate, so PCM defuels at 24 psi.

previous owner had done a dyno run on the truck brand new in Denver and got 211 ponies on a superflow, but stock intake/exhaust.

So Sunday. Stock run: 226. I attribute some of the horseower over new to be "engine's broke in", some intake, some differences in dyno, but still well within in the ball park.

80 horse setting on D showed 316 horsepower. ABSOLUTELY FLAT power band. Flat Frigging glorious.

120 horse setting got me to 336, with a gentle roof shaped curved power band. Not as pretty as the 80 horse, but still VERY usable wide power.

We repeated all runs, got VERY consistent results, within 3 horsepower. Dyno guy told me some guys are counting spikes when autotranny shifts as peak horsepower. I didn't, I just idled her up to 1400 rpm, then hammered it.

Imagine if you will a fat guy with a beard doing the happy dance!!!!!

:chicken:

So, 110 rear wheel horsepower with a DP Chip, 40 dollar intake, and 50 dollar muffler.

·
Registered
277 Posts
What was your RWTQ if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Congrats on the numbers.:burnout Hopefully next weekend I will find out what how mine is doing. Every body keep your fingers crossed.:pray:

·
Banned
0 Posts
sounds about right for the level of modding, althoug there are a lot of variables contorlling both numbers and how much seperation there is between them.......

·
Registered
277 Posts
trq i think was 760???? is that right?

trq isn't that big a deal to me........
Well congratulations, I can't wait to get my DP tune and get those kind of numbers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts