Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went to the Dyno today. It was a good turn out for the event, but only 4of the utah guys showed up. not as good a turn out as i wanted, but ya cant win them all. Anyway, i got 4 runs in but only 2 recorded runs. I ran Erics Extreme street and pulled 341 HP with 676 TQ. not too bad i guess. i was hoping for more, but how much more can i ask for with a tuner and an exhaust?? ill post my graph later.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
hmmmm, my tuner and exhaust and ID Xtreme race tune got me 427/770...lol, must be the altitude.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i think my tire size played a part in it. plus i am at almost 5000 feet. im disappointed in it, but it is what it is.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
I'm guessing its because you don't have the stick on hood scoops anymore, you lost a lot of power when you took those off. :poke

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
well i think my tire size played a part in it. plus i am at almost 5000 feet. im disappointed in it, but it is what it is.
the altitude is prob to blame...my tires are 35's. do you have confidence in the dyno operator? it really takes someone that knows how to dyno diesels to get good 3'S...

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Were you at weekend on the Edge Rob? I've heard a few people say their numbers were unusually low. I'm sure the altitude and your 37" tires with stock gears had a lot to do with it too.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i was at the weekend on the edge! it was fun, ill go again next year!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm guessing its because you don't have the stick on hood scoops anymore, you lost a lot of power when you took those off. :poke
:hehe::rofl:Well at least Robs was better than mine 306 hp 586 tq:( Must not have been running on all 8 cylinders to get those kind of numbers. Maybe if I had an Edge product the numbers would have been higher, j/k.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Yeah thanks for pointing that out……homie!!! :hehe:

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll have to pm ya one

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
well shouldn't they be able to manuplate that to were it would be close to sea level???

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont know. this is the first time i have ever dynoed anything.

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
i dont know. this is the first time i have ever dynoed anything.
ic... yeah I always thought the 6.0L with your mods should dyno around 400+ rwhp or so...:dunno: I'm sure that the altitude has play a big difference in it.. but I always thought they could do certain thing like that:dunno: but either way not bad numbers... have you taken it to the track yet??

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nope, not gonna race it.. my luck it would break something.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
Yeah thanks for pointing that out……homie!!! :hehe:
Thats a racist statement!!!

You had stick on hood scoops?? Got any pics??
You didn't know that? We ripped on him all the time for that in the fight club thread.:hehe:

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
You didn't know that? We ripped on him all the time for that in the fight club thread.:hehe:
I never hung out in the "Daycare" thread, so I wouldnt have known. Sorry.:dunno:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts