Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I saw last week that my rear sterling diff cover was beginning to pit and rust, So I figured it was a good time to put in some syn. gear lube and throw on some new diff covers, F&R. Pics of the fun.
Before

open with old gear lube drained

after new cover reinstalled

few of the front Dana

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and I also threw on some billet oil and fuel filter covers for some more bling factor.

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
Looks good! That truck i dont think sees any mud or work???:doh: It looks very clean!:thumb: Come live in the midwest for a week we will see what your truck looks like after that:hehe:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No thanks, I used to live in Chicago for 24 yrs! I had to leave that mess... actually it does see mud once in a while. Albeit, not very often lol.

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
Looks good! That truck i dont think sees any mud or work???:doh: It looks very clean!:thumb:
That's funny. I was thinking the exact same thing!!! :hehe:I kept looking at both diff covers to find WTF he was talking about... Mine was actually rusting and paint pealing.:nod:

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I like the front cover but the rear doesn't have any fill or drain access. If I was replacing covers that would be a requirement. having to pull the cover to change fluid sucks.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
looks good i have the same diff cover in the rear but i have the arb diff cover in the front

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's funny. I was thinking the exact same thing!!! :hehe:I kept looking at both diff covers to find WTF he was talking about... Mine was actually rusting and paint pealing.:nod:
Actually I had painted over the rust about 2 days earlier so you can't see it in the pic :rofl:, then the diff covers came quicker than I thought, came out of Huntington Beach Cali. So, I just couldn't have parts sitting around....
I like the front cover but the rear doesn't have any fill or drain access. If I was replacing covers that would be a requirement. having to pull the cover to change fluid sucks.
The fill plug is actually on the axle case, top drivers side, but your right draining is a bit of a PITA without a drain plug. I had actually considered drilling and tapping one in. The Mag-Hytecs, have a drain in them, but everybody around here runs 'em so I just wanted to be a bit different.:nod:

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Looks Good!! Where did you get the billet bling?

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts