·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
$89 for 100 square feet that would do the hole inside of my truck

·
Registered
82 Posts
My dad lined his cab with it. It seems to work just as well as Dyna.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:bump::bump::bump:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:nod:I here ya Raul cover up the tires and exhaust:nod:and keep the wife happy and the cat gone

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:bump: Anyone else:bump:

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
hers a secret. goto Lowes/homedepot. and get some roofing sealer ,
comes on a roll just like commercial dynamat has 1/8 thick membrane. also has adhesive. a whole roll is 80.00 and will do the entire inside of a truck CC twice.
has the same effect as all other's and much cheaper. I did mine 08 Superduty. and it
was quiet before I started and now its so quiet I can even hear my wife fart. :/

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
except it is an asphalt product....and stinks and slides.

unless you found a butyl rubber, that was a poor choice.
no it does not stink or slide as for the compound its made from I do not know. but
Ill say again I sell Dynamat and this product works the same and for the most part
prob smells the same as dynamat,. Perhaps your thinking of a different product than Im describing Ill go look for the label and post it.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Product we use is
PEEL & Seal, its a rubberized Asphalt (although to us its far from smelling like tar) its .45 mils thick with a Aluminum skin and self adhesive
comes on a roll 100 sq ft. 36x33.5
We clean the surface to be covered then lay the cut pieces out in the sun.
as they become much more pliable then we roll the picese don on the surfaces to insure contact. We do the same process if we use Dynamat or any other similar product. 1 note: peel & Seal is not good for headliner applications.
due to its weight it WILL release. in fact We have never seen any product that does not release in time from a headliner install. I dont sell Peel & Seal.
we just use it. because it works!... but so does Dynamat just at more than twice the cost. so what you decide to $$$ is your choice. as for the acoustical properties perhaps dynamat or similar performs better. then I would say to get that last 10% of sound deadening you gotta step up to the pump eh?
just our .02 hope you find what works for you! :)

·
Premium Member
20,359 Posts
no it does not stink or slide as for the compound its made from I do not know. but
Ill say again I sell Dynamat and this product works the same and for the most part
prob smells the same as dynamat,. Perhaps your thinking of a different product than Im describing Ill go look for the label and post it.
we use this stuff behind retaining walls to water proff them even more between the wall and the green board...

never thought about using it for this but i have half a roll at the yard that i can try out lol.....

it does smell a lil....

did you remove the plastic from the top or did you leave it on....

use a heat gun to adhere it?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
we use this stuff behind retaining walls to water proff them even more between the wall and the green board...

never thought about using it for this but i have half a roll at the yard that i can try out lol.....

it does smell a lil....

did you remove the plastic from the top or did you leave it on....

use a heat gun to adhere it?
Plastic??? their is only White paper that needs to be removed to expose the adhesive. No heat gun is necessary but can work... Although Im in florida and its hot here year round... during the winter we just either set it in the sun for 30 mins, OR we use a room heater and lay in inside till it warms up. then just roll down . The Alum coating is sharp and WILL cut you. :)

·
Premium Member
20,359 Posts
Plastic??? their is only White paper that needs to be removed to expose the adhesive. No heat gun is necessary but can work... Although Im in florida and its hot here year round... during the winter we just either set it in the sun for 30 mins, OR we use a room heater and lay in inside till it warms up. then just roll down . The Alum coating is sharp and WILL cut you. :)
k im thinking of the wrong thing... the one im thinking of has the white paper to expose the adhesive which is asphalt ... we use a heat gun to get it hot and sticky to adhere to stuff..... its like 1/8th" thick

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
0 Posts
I have Dynamat xtreme on just my 4 doors and I noticed a difference. When I put in my new carpet I'm doing the WHOLE floor, if I do a head liner, the roof, etc. etc. i can't wait to have this rig like a private jet :nate:

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
yea the stuff is like 1/8 and black. its usually sticky enough for most applications. but heat does make it go easier. Theirs another product thats unbelievable if you have the space and ambition. its called Rubberiod. no adhesive. you have to use a torch to get it down. used for flooring only. man its like 1/4 to 3/8 thick. but too much work to get down, for the typical ride. We use it in Limos only etc... :)

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
k im thinking of the wrong thing... the one im thinking of has the white paper to expose the adhesive which is asphalt ... we use a heat gun to get it hot and sticky to adhere to stuff..... its like 1/8th" thick
last limo I worked on...
Rolls Royce Phantom
check out that burnt orange McLaren F1 center drive in the background this guy turned down a n offer of 6.5 mill for that beast. any ways the Limo is a 06 Rolls Phantom Privately owned.

·
Rebel
657 Posts
last limo I worked on...
Rolls Royce Phantom
check out that burnt orange McLaren F1 center drive in the background this guy turned down a n offer of 6.5 mill for that beast. any ways the Limo is a 06 Rolls Phantom Privately owned.
All WAYYYY out of my budget.. But nice :thumb:

·
Registered
337 Posts
we've used fatmat a couple of times and its good for the floor but i dont suggest it anywhere else same goes for rbloc its another type of dynamat..at my work we did a test on the 3. we have a van and we put a piece of each one on the wall and roof and let it sit in the outside during the summer dynamat didnt move a bit looked the same since the day we put it but rbloc and fatmat started slideing down and the fatmat fell completely off the roof. the way i see it is if your gonna just use it on your floor get whatever cheapest and double layer it but as for the roof and doors i like dynamat.

·
RIP Mitch ! We miss you
11,966 Posts
Do as you will but I strongly suggest you forget about anything that Lowes or Home Depot sells, or any asphalt based product for that matter. You want a rubber/butyl product and I suggest you take a look here. This is some of the best stuff on the market for the price. No I have no affiliation with this product or company.

RAAMaudio - Quality and Value in Automotive Sound Deadening

1 - 20 of 22 Posts