Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here are the results for my dyno runs before gears and after gears and different tunes

this is dyno before and after install of 4.56 gears lost power with the gears:dunno:

24 is ID x race
25 is RCD race
26 is Spartan Ultra comp

·
Registered
843 Posts
are those really low numbers or is it just me not knowing any better?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont know . the numbers where good until the gears change

·
Registered
641 Posts
So a gear change lost 50hp and 100tq?

You got it dynoed 3 months ago and then just recently with new gears, Do you think you could have lost the power gradually over that period due to something else? :dunno:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not that i know of going to check it with ford tech. but no feel the same

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
feels like it. the only thing i see different is that the one run say sae 1.02 and the rest say 1.03. going to ask dyno guy tomorrow what that means

·
Registered
597 Posts
This is normal. You will "loose" power when you go up in numerical gear ratio value. Chassis Dyno is a relative measurement tool, not absolute. Actually the numbers with the new gears are going to be more representative of you actual power. With those large tires, you will loose some power to the ground.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so if i put stock tires on it and run it on dyno the # will go up?

·
Registered
216 Posts
The first dyno sheet, 400/709 is a bad dyno pull. There is a spike in the run. Those numbers don’t mean anything with a spike in it.

So, if you look at the second run and compare it to the other sheet, you will see the gears didn't make much of a difference.

Also, notice the difference in the runs, no spike.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
that 400 was a spike...I would suggest pulling that boost builder off...the SCT is already doing that

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
u think that is hurting it. didnt get the dyno graph but it also made 392hp and 690tq with no spike.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
u think that is hurting it. didnt get the dyno graph but it also made 392hp and 690tq with no spike.
repeatability tells all. If you cant repeat the numbers then they maen nothing. But you can go to the back with numbers that repeat. When you got that dialed in then you make a change and doer again. ?Must make several runs before jumping to any conclusions cause do do happens

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that 392 was a repeat of the of the 400 and 396 runs. was getting heat soaked. have 26 pulls on same dyno. just seems like the numbers are really low seeing that the tune is supposed to make 400 to 420 hp. going to get ficm tune and see if the power comes up

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
that 392 was a repeat of the of the 400 and 396 runs. was getting heat soaked. have 26 pulls on same dyno. just seems like the numbers are really low seeing that the tune is supposed to make 400 to 420 hp. going to get ficm tune and see if the power comes up
yeah, i agree.
But the key may lie in whom said it would go 400-420, and asking them to give you more information on what needs to be done for this to become fact. If theywere just making an educated guess then your numbers are proof what these tunes will put out and not a guess. If you were sold those tunes with the gaurantee that you would get 400 then if i was you i would be knocking on someones door demanding they fullfill there contract with you or return your money

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
is your water meth on when you are dynoing, could be hurting you if its not dialed in correctly........ Is it a load dyno, some trucks like to have more load applied than others. My truck made 420hp on a stock 03 turbo and a 100hp predator tune with 40 bias ply super swampers a while back. YouTube - Ford F-Series Hope its more now..LOL

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its a dynojet dyno its an inertia dyno. no the meth doesnt do anything on or off. talked to them did what they said and still no hp gains

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Really, a properly set up water meth running boost juice should gan 20-40 hp on the ford. I gained 28 on mine and 60 when i had it on my cummins. What size nozzles and when do you have it set to come on and then go full............ I am stumped too, you should be in the low to mid 400 range. What turbo you running, a 03 turbo will have a hard time getting you there unless its working perfectley.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
have a new turbo from ford mine died. i think its the 375's nozzels. the small ones. dont remember the exact setting would have to look. but i called them and set it like they told me too. but everyone i talked to said they didnt get any hp just lower egt's.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Run the bigger nozzles and set to come on at 20psi and full at 30..... should help. As for the turbo, i think a stage I vgt would work for you since you have stock sticks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts