Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one know if u can get a 03 duramax turbo to work on a 96' stroke?
im sure there would be some tuneing things but i think i can get that all worked out??????????????

·
Registered
553 Posts
not really sure about the duramax. but i dont know

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:punish2: Now why on earth would you want to do that?????!!!!!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Isn't the 03 D-Max a VGT style turbo?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Isn't the 03 D-Max a VGT style turbo?
I believe so. And I also heard that the 05 Duramax turbo is the same turbo as on the 05 Powerstrokes. Different name but the exact same look and everything.:dunno:

BTW, Waylon, the turbo sounds GREAT and I just wanted to say thank you.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:tard:Oh i thought he wanted to put a turbo duramax in his stroke. Hah, silly me. :crazy:

·
Registered
323 Posts
no, the 03 duramax turbo is a wastegated version not variable. i own an 03 and use it as my daily driver, my wife drives the ford to haul the kids around.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm sure with fabrication you can do it and with custom tuning... Ive seen a 6.0 PSD turbo on an OBS.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I wanna hear the turbo Robert!!! Could you tell if there was anymore performance?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I wanna hear the turbo Robert!!! Could you tell if there was anymore performance?
Yea buddy! I was surprised at the performance gain. I feel as if the truck is back to running like it did before I put the lift and tires on my truck. The turbo is a little more laggy but somehow both the bottom end and top end improved greatly. I also was able to gain 2-3lbs of boost and lowered my cruising EGTs by around 100 degrees.

I am so happy with the turbo and purchase. It only took me and two friends three hours to install and everything bolted on perfect and smoothly. Thanks again for the great product and communication!:thumb:

Hijack over lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts