Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any weak points on the 6.6 Duramax diesel? I'm being sirious. I really wanna know because my freinds duramax has seen hell and is still going strong. Turboseventhree I know they have aluminum heads and your anti-aluminum heads so you can save that post for another thread.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The weakest point of them motors is the rockers (engineered that way). If ya start moddin' em they will be the first to go.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Are there any weak points on the 6.6 Duramax diesel? I'm being sirious. I really wanna know because my freinds duramax has seen hell and is still going strong. Turboseventhree I know they have aluminum heads and your anti-aluminum heads so you can save that post for another thread.
:( lol what? :dunno: That made me laugh

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I know you don't like aluminum heads and the duramax has alumium heads so I was stopping you before you started. I'm just giving you a hard time. :sarcasticlol:
I see, that's heartwarming that you thought of me when you made that post :rofl: and I don't like aluminum heads on a diesel. 17:1 compression ratio + aluminum just doesn't make THAT much sense to me. It's what stands out lol!

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
great motors .. actually

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Duramaxes weakest point is the izuzu logo stamped on the side of the motor
OH that's just like the Chebby guys that say "hey they circled the problem" about our Ford logos. Even though you're right.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I like the d-max, I like the Allison, I like the interior, I dont care for the body style especially front end and wheel wells.. and the low hung frame..

I have a buddy with a 2006 D-Max it hauls *** with the bully dog and gets good mpg tows nice too... Id buy the Chevy diesel before I bought a dodge diesel... I like the cummins motor a lot but it needs to be in a truck that dont literally fall apart and have the comfort of a school bus...

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
right, my buddies dmax tows nicely, but it always sends the trans into limp mode. i agree with chris.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts