Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've constantly been looking around for this, And havn't seen a single person or website that has done a conversion for a Duramax Diesel into an F250. I think this conversion would be amazing because i love the power that you can get from the 6.6 with simple bolt ons along with the mpg, But i love the look of my truck. I just see alot of people putting cablummins in their fords, But never a duramax. If my truck ever blows up, I want to seriously do this. Has anybody found anything on this subject? :crazy:

·
Registered
394 Posts
I've seen guys drop Duramax engines in cars like 5.0 Mustangs and old hot rods, but never a Super Duty or Ram. Seen lots of Fummins though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
if my truck blows up i will be putting a 12 valve cummins in mine but i also like a duramax its probably real hard to do a duramax swap thats why i wouldnt do a duramax

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean it shouldnt be harder than a 24 valve just have to plug n play with the harness and all electrics. Maybe somebody will chime in if theyve seen this

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Huh? Really?:crazy:

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm not educated on the Duramax,but if I were looking at a Ford Super Duty and it didn't have a PSD, I would say NO thank you. These things go/go/go:icon_ford:

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
I have drove enought Durmax trucks. NOT WORTH IT!

:supergay::supergay::supergay::supergay::supergay::supergay::supergay::supergay::supergay::supergay::supergay::supergay::supergay::supergay::supergay::supergay::supergay::supergay:

·
Registered
755 Posts
It is a good engine. But something about putting an Isuzu in my truck just doesn't seem right............ When and if my International ever calls it quits, I'll be putting in an ISB.

My 2 year old son already calls my truck "his" so I'm sure the IH will run until he's in possesion. Then he can worry about it. If I actually let him have it!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
There is a swap that was done in Ohio. From what i've heard it was started by Matt Calland as a project(school project?) to do something different. He passed away at 19 and never finished the truck as far as i know. So a bunch of his friends got together and finished/built up the truck. Its now a strong running truck in the COTPC 2.6 class.

I believe it was also in Diesel World but i've never seen the article.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
I remember that truck and story.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I love my ol' chevys as much as the next guy, but pull out a perfectly good IH motor to put a wannabe bowtie under the hood of a Ford? A built 383 stroker, maybe... A big block, even better... but a Isuzu motor? I'll pass...

But for that matter, I'd pass on a 6.0 too... I love my 7.3 PSD's... all 3 of them, and working on gettin' another when my cousins are ready to part with it...

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,057 Posts
After sending a 7.3 block to salvage yard with holes in the side. and the money Invested with very disappointing numbers at the truck and on the dyno. I would be hard pressed to not swap my 7.3 for anything else. Its a great stock motor I wont drop money into one for performance again.

my buddies duramax built trans, tunes, tie rod sleeves. he was running 12.6's all day long at the track. ran a best of 12.41. I never had the desire to run that in my old truck, after seeing how easy the duramax makes power I can say my next truck will probably be a Chevy 2500.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
No other platform can make more power easier than the 6.4l up to 800hp. That's a fact.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts