Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a 36' Fleet wood Fifth wheel. So I drug it home 290 miles away, with out a chip. I sent the TS chip off to Tony Wildman for a re burn. Man what a long 40mph trip that was. On he way my OD light was flashing, couldn't catch and OD gear I think I lost 3rd also... plus my reverse went out. :tard:"What a trip", So I got home just sick to my stomach knowing I didn't have a lot of time wrapped up shipping my transmission to bumb **** Egypt for a good rebuild. I looked for a transmission shop in Cortez Co. about 10 miles away. Man I talked to people on this sight, and was told to whom I should send it off to for the best rebuild. Well I took it to a local transmission auto rebuild place in Cortez, the shop Jimmies Transmission. Got to talking to Jimmie he's the President of the ATRA the coolest guy you'd ever want to meet. He talked valve body, TQ, etc. Way way outa my profession. well he said that he would give me a one heck of a good deal. My truck goes in Thursday. Got my Chip back from Tony W. And every thing's working out. p.s. I'll up date on the rebuild.:thumb:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Good luck man hope all works out fine...

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Wow sounded like a fun adventure hope things work out for ya

·
Registered
190 Posts
Theres alot to be said for some of our local tranny builders. I had a local shop build mine, he used all the TCI parts and turn around time was amazing. I saved a ton of money and time and made a real good friend in the process, plus the trans has worked flawlessly for 40k plus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts