Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to diesel performance. Have had several diesel trucks through the years, but never played with them. I've built and raced many gas rigs though. BUT, here's my question- I'm seeing a "banjo bolt" mod in people's sigs.... What is this mod? What is the benefit of doing it? I'm just trying to learn all of this as I go.... Thanks! I'm sure I'll have many more questions! Thanks y'all!

Preston Broxson
Ag Teacher
Evans High School

·
Registered
355 Posts
the stock bolts have a check valve in them people are replacing them with the 08+ bolts which are larger and dont have a check valve in them. i guess thinking that it will be one else bottle neck in the fuel system? im not 100% since i havent done this mod but i would say its more for flow and not performance

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I'm new to diesel performance. Have had several diesel trucks through the years, but never played with them. I've built and raced many gas rigs though. BUT, here's my question- I'm seeing a "banjo bolt" mod in people's sigs.... What is this mod? What is the benefit of doing it? I'm just trying to learn all of this as I go.... Thanks! I'm sure I'll have many more questions! Thanks y'all!

Preston Broxson
Ag Teacher
Evans High School
08-10 6.4L Banjo bolts are much higher flow, they are far less restrictive, there are other companies that also make a after banjo thats even higher flow. :thumb:

·
Registered
113 Posts
They keep your injectors happy, and dont starve the back injector.

·
Real Men of Genius
5,309 Posts
As everyone has stated, they flow better... they're commonly swapped hoping that they'll extend the life of the injectors. However, no REAL proof has been documented. It's all in theory.

But hey, it's a very cheap upgrade! It's something I'm thinking about doing as well! :thumb:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh.... Thanks y'all! I was sure wondering! Now I know! I appreciate the responses!
Preston

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just installed my 6.4 banjo's and Blue Spring Regulator Kit. Definitely can tell the difference. Throttle much more responsive. Lazy dead spot from off pedal to on pedal is gone. Pretty cheap and easy mod for a great result.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts