Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the look of duals. I wanted stacks at first but everybody has them. So my question is if I run duals does it need to be 4in all the way to the tips or will 4in to the Y pipe and 3.5 out to the tips be alright. I am trying to get some insite cause I want to start piecing it all together. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
personally I'd go 4in all the way just cause it looks cool. But I can't foresee any problem with restriction by downsizing to a 3.5" exhaust. I think it's all personal opinion just so its big enough. Either way:bump:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
well mbrp cool duals make it really easy to install it comes 3.5 down pipe then 4in and duals out of the muffler or delete pipe it makes it really easy

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yep 4" all the way to the tip, unless you are fabing it yourself. Why would you want to go to a smaller pipe? :dunno:

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Local shops only have the dies for 3.5in. My thinking was exhaust flow flowing thru one 4inch is normal. same exhaust flow flowing thru 2 3.5inch would equal same exhaust flow going thru a 7in pipe. I will most likely fabbing it myself with a 4inch down pipe to a 4in y pipe. unless I can find a single in dual out muffler

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
just go to mbrp and you can get the muffler or the delete pipe and they arent extremly expensive that would be the best if you are doing it yourself

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
yea thats about as cheep as you are going to find them and its worth it lol i am just about to order mine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts