Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I switch from a 215 to a 235 tire will I need to put a spacer b/w my rear wheels since the 235 will be wider? Or will there be enough clearance I won't have to worry about it?
thanks
matt z

·
Registered
20 Posts
If I switch from a 215 to a 235 tire will I need to put a spacer b/w my rear wheels since the 235 will be wider? Or will there be enough clearance I won't have to worry about it?
thanks
matt z
I changed the stock 215's to 235's with out any issues on my '95'. The only thing it did was dropped the RPM's at freeway speeds.

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
Most 235's will be fine without spacers. I'm running a mud-terrain tire and it is a little wider at the side-wall than the highway tires I used to run. I added 1/4" spacers for towing clearance, but it was not a necessity. I just wanted a little more breathing room.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Most 235's will be fine without spacers. I'm running a mud-terrain tire and it is a little wider at the side-wall than the highway tires I used to run. I added 1/4" spacers for towing clearance, but it was not a necessity. I just wanted a little more breathing room.
I did the same on my Dodge, the Michelins almost touched, the 1/4" spacer was just enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts