Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
y best friend has a 01 F-350 dually with the 7.3 engine. When he backs down the boat ramp and unloads the boat, he then puts it in drive and it goes dead. Now as long as he lets it idle its fine, but when you give it gas the transmission light starts blinking and it goes dead. you have to turn the key on and off a few times to get it to pull up. Any ideas??

Thanks
Chuck

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
need to get codes pulled , im wondering if he is sucking air around the oil pickup tube in the front of the engine when the front end is higher then the rest , is the oil full, im also thinking , if the trans light starts flashing if its torque converter is locking up, how deep in the water is he when it does it, if the light is flashing there should be a code in memory

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think its the convertor. Reason i say that is it sounds electronic as in when u touch the gas its just like turning the switch off. Just dies. Yea he needs to get codes pulled, i was just wondering if yall had ever heard of this. No his truck never gets in the water, just the boat. Something to do with that incline.

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
I dont think its the convertor. Reason i say that is it sounds electronic as in when u touch the gas its just like turning the switch off. Just dies. Yea he needs to get codes pulled, i was just wondering if yall had ever heard of this. No his truck never gets in the water, just the boat. Something to do with that incline.
is strange , get codes pulled and post them up , there should be something in there to work with , and if it cuts off that fast it does sound more electrical

·
Registered
601 Posts
could the ecm be getting a higher speed reading and locking the torque coverter?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts