Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 Lariat w/ Dual Zone AC is acting strange. After driving for 20+ minutes, the air coming out of the passenger side vents is warmer than the air coming from the driver vents. This is with the dual zone turned off and low to mid 80s temps outside.

I seem to remember some posts about auto AC problems, but can't seem to find them...

I assume a dealer visit is in order, but I don't want to swap everything over if I don't have to...

Thanks,

JS

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I would take it to the dealer unless you feel like disasembling your dash in hopes of finding the problem. I took my truck in for an interior issue with my spartan on the truck and they never said anything about having the dpf delete on it:dunno:

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same issue and yes I am hearing a clicking noise also....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not noticed any clicking from under the dash. I guess it needs to go to the dealer. Have to pull all my stuff out of it..... What fun...

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have mine in the dealer now for the fix. somewhere I read where a guy said the part was only $27?? if you dont have a mod friendly dealer I'd just buy the part & do it urself......I think it was on my thread readgarding this issue, might want to ask him

·
Registered
10 Posts
just let me know what the dealer fixes if you don't mind.... if not too much headache i'll do it myself....

·
Registered
206 Posts
If its the drivers blower door actuator then the book says its a dash tear out (5 hour job). If its the passanger side its much easier.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any update on this? My passenger side is blowing much warmer air than the driver side. Is this safe to assume it is the passenger side actuator? For $30, I think I'll replace it myself rather than mess with the dealer. If it is the driver side and dash tear out, then it will be going to dealer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally took my truck in for this issue. The service guy acted like this was common, which I believe it is. They replaced the right side temp blend door actuator, which he said did not involve tearing out the dash. They also referenced a TSB, which I don't know what the specifics of that are. The service guy said this was a motor which sits either on top of or below the blend door. This motor is what turns the blend door.

My ticket reads:
Pass AC going to hot a times while drivers side stays cold
Verify concern. Check Oasis and locate TSB 09-12-15. Replace right side temp blend door actuator per TSB. The part number is listed as 1 9C3Z*19E616*B Motor Asy

So far, so good...

·
Registered
206 Posts
I finally took my truck in for this issue. The service guy acted like this was common, which I believe it is. They replaced the right side temp blend door actuator, which he said did not involve tearing out the dash. They also referenced a TSB, which I don't know what the specifics of that are. The service guy said this was a motor which sits either on top of or below the blend door. This motor is what turns the blend door.

My ticket reads:
Pass AC going to hot a times while drivers side stays cold
Verify concern. Check Oasis and locate TSB 09-12-15. Replace right side temp blend door actuator per TSB. The part number is listed as 1 9C3Z*19E616*B Motor Asy

So far, so good...

thanks for the update. I still need to take mine in for the drivers side which is a dash tear out. I'm going to hold off though for as long as i can.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts