Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyaa gang tossed around the idea of adding a dual steering stabilizer set up to my 06 f250. I got 295-65-18 tires and 2 inch level in front and rea. It drives good but on rough roads it tends to bump steer and annoys me. I see most kits aren't real pricey. So which kits is a good kit I really don't want to spend a lot. On it all other steering components seem to be in good working order only has 100 k on the truck.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply ill look into them

·
Registered
845 Posts
dual stabilizers will not cure bumpsteer, take a look at your track bar, steering arm angles. are they parrallel to each other, probably not, because you say you notice bump steer. i recommend an adjustable track bar to center the axle, and bring the angles back into alignment.

are you sure you arent just feeling the tire track into the rut in the road surface.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
I had a Toyota truck decades ago which had bad bump steer and I found a steering damper which had a coil spring on the outside of it. Made a big difference and helped a LOT with the return to center issue also, but have not seen that type of damper for a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts