Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
do not buy from this user
253 Posts
Pretty much you got it. You mount the dual hoop setup, usually there is some drilling required, but I have seen some (not on a Ford) that do just get bolted up without drilling. From there you can go with shocks of your choice. The Bilstein remote reservoir shocks are nice, so are Fox or Icon. If you are going to piggy back the shocks make sure you have enough room in front as well, or you can remotely mount them. I know a few companies make some nice billet and silicone brackets that work well for piggy back or remote mounting.

·
do not buy from this user
253 Posts
Bilstein are relatively cheap compared to the others, and for normal driving with some off-roading will hold up fine. I run Bilstein 5100's on all the corners of my truck, and have held up great. I did find that mount, and it will look sweet with the shocks.

As far as fitment, they are pretty easy to size. I know there are a bunch of vendors on here that sell them, I have dealt with Performance Truck Products as well as Top Gun Customz. Both of them have great customer service, and will be more than happy to answer any of your questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.