Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm interested in doing a dual shock setup on my 2010. I want the one shock in front and one shock behind the spring look.

I'm wondering is it's as simple as I think I have found? Just buying a dual shock hoop that goes around the spring and then mount your choices of shocks?:dunno:

I have seen the Pro-Comp dual hoop, and I have a pro-comp 8" lift. Is there any other hoop or setup that may be better? Does anyone have experience with this?

I'm looking at the Bilstein remote reservoir shocks to do this with.

Thanks for the help!

·
do not buy from this user
253 Posts
Pretty much you got it. You mount the dual hoop setup, usually there is some drilling required, but I have seen some (not on a Ford) that do just get bolted up without drilling. From there you can go with shocks of your choice. The Bilstein remote reservoir shocks are nice, so are Fox or Icon. If you are going to piggy back the shocks make sure you have enough room in front as well, or you can remotely mount them. I know a few companies make some nice billet and silicone brackets that work well for piggy back or remote mounting.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Bilstein remote reservoir shocks are nice, so are Fox or Icon. If you are going to piggy back the shocks make sure you have enough room in front as well, or you can remotely mount them. I know a few companies make some nice billet and silicone brackets that work well for piggy back or remote mounting.
I picked Bilstein because they are relatively cheap. Bilsten is pretty stright forward about what will and will not fit and Fox/Icon isnt. Any suggestions just for research purposes?

Also, i'm pretty positive there is room for the remote to be piggy backed, and from what I can tell Bilstein either sells a nice billet mount with the shocks now or has one you can buy.

·
do not buy from this user
253 Posts
Bilstein are relatively cheap compared to the others, and for normal driving with some off-roading will hold up fine. I run Bilstein 5100's on all the corners of my truck, and have held up great. I did find that mount, and it will look sweet with the shocks.

As far as fitment, they are pretty easy to size. I know there are a bunch of vendors on here that sell them, I have dealt with Performance Truck Products as well as Top Gun Customz. Both of them have great customer service, and will be more than happy to answer any of your questions.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bilstein are relatively cheap compared to the others, and for normal driving with some off-roading will hold up fine.

As far as fitment, they are pretty easy to size. I know there are a bunch of vendors on here that sell them, I have dealt with Performance Truck Products as well as Top Gun Customz. Both of them have great customer service, and will be more than happy to answer any of your questions.
That's good to know. My truck doesn't go off-road at all so I'm more than confident they will preform well then.

I'll have to give those guys a call and ask them as well just to make sure I get exactly what I need.

Now, to just make it until September when I get back to the states.

·
Registered
142 Posts
This is mine with the Fabtech set up.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts

I have to say that is one pretty truck. Love your setup.

m

·
Registered
120 Posts
42, that's one nice truck:) How you like the 8000K hid's? I'm looking at replacing my stock headlights with hid's or if I can find them get Led's. Not sure what spectrum to go with though? That's why I ask about the 8000.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is mine with the Fabtech set up.
Are those dual hoops part of the lift kit or are they stand alone parts that I can buy and add to mine? Thats like exactly what I want.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also, I hate to sound amature but...what all is involved? I've been looking around and have seen the ProComp system is ~$500 and the Fabtech one is ~$800, both without the shocks.

Maybe I was underestimating the install but I thought it was just the hoop and it bolted up? The ProComp one has limiting straps, bump stop extenders, and more. Are these kits made for vehicles that don't have a lift already? I'm really confused...

·
Registered
142 Posts
42, that's one nice truck:) How you like the 8000K hid's? I'm looking at replacing my stock headlights with hid's or if I can find them get Led's. Not sure what spectrum to go with though? That's why I ask about the 8000.
I love the 8k bulbs. They are super bright with a hint of blue. I purchased the kit below. Install is only about 15 minutes.

DDM Tuning 35W and 55W HID Kits

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
142 Posts
I looked into this kit beu Fabtech says that it wont work unless you have a fabtech lift. O well...:dunno:
IDK... I have a 10" Rize kit and it works fine for me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think i've decided on the Procomp hoop. Any ideas on the measurements, or how to get the measurements, for the shocks? I have to let the company i'm getting shocks from know so they can valve them correctly.

Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.