Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I thought about getting some stacks for my truck but after some thought ive decided to go with duals. Any one have any pics of the duals on you truck. If so lets see em...

Sam

·
Banned
792 Posts
Just curious, why dont you want to go with the stacks? I keep telling myself I need to switch back to an exhaust system that is a little less obvious that it is modified(I keep getting pulled over for them) But I just dont want my truck to look like every other truck out here with dual exhaust.

·
Registered
804 Posts
you get pulled over for stacks??

what do they say?

·
Banned
792 Posts
"Modified exhaust" I asked one of state cop friends about it, and sure enough, it is illegal in MA to make any modification to the emissions, or muffler system, if the intention is to make it louder.....how they determine that, I dont know. Ive only ever received warnings for it saying if it happens again im going to get a ticket....Fortunately that hasnt happened yet. :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
"Modified exhaust" I asked one of state cop friends about it, and sure enough, it is illegal in MA to make any modification to the emissions, or muffler system, if the intention is to make it louder.....how they determine that, I dont know. Ive only ever received warnings for it saying if it happens again im going to get a ticket....Fortunately that hasnt happened yet. :)
LAME......

·
Banned
792 Posts
Yea When I bought my truck in January, it was only a safety inspection, but it is due for an emissions test every other year...So Ima have to put some other kind of exhaust on it for inspection...

One other thing, if you get a dual exhaust make sure you put in on right, I cant stand the look of a truck hitting bumps and both tips bouncing around....Looks cheap.

·
Registered
804 Posts
hm strange.
i want stacks but i mean if someone has had a fix-it ticket i dont know anymore!

eh to hell with it. ill just do them anyway :hehe:

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Iono the stacks appeal better to me on a drw truck then mine. Iono exactly what im going to do as of right now but I just like the duals angled out behind the wheels with big 6" tips

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I'm with stroken04, unless you have twin turbos, let the gassers have the duals. Stacks or 1 out the side. I prefer 1 huge pipe out the passenger side, (you can t blow smoke on people with stacks) :rofl:

·
Registered
804 Posts
:ditto: i think the fun part of a side exhaust is SMOKIN the hell out of that annoying person tryin to be a badazz in there ricer.

·
Registered
771 Posts
In Texas it's illegal to modify the exhaust as well, I don't think they enforce it very often. At least on diesel vehicles. We only have a safety inspection at this time.
.......yup

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Um, i believe Sam was asking for pictures of duals, NOT opinions on whether he should do it or not. Obviously he likes duals and wants them(i do to when there done the way he's talkin bout doing them), so he just needs pictures:thumb:

As for pictures. Can't help ya there sam, but they should look good on your truck:thumb:

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Here is mine... and I would rather smoke the whole intersection... then just the sidewalk...

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts