Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to order an exhaust. I am partial to a dual kit like I had on my last truck for the look and uniqueness. Looks like Flo-Pro is the only company that offers a full dp back kit and it is listed as 4" pipe. Anyone know if it is 4" the whole way or 5" before splitting into dual 4"? From reading comments on this site I believe I would like the sound of a 5" better than a 4", but am not sure how the dual outlets affect the sound. Has anyone heard duals and can compare them to a single 4" and 5"? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
5" FTW!!! :nod:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take a look at this YouTube video:

6.4 5" exhaust

Anyone know why it sounds deeper and has almost none of the airy sound that all the other exhaust vids on YouTube have? Is it just the camera or camera position he used? To me, it is the best sounding exhaust vid on YouTube.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
The downpipe and tune play a factor in the sound also. 345 from KEM has the best sound IMO, this is sound, not performance. All 5" exhaust dp back are 4" until past the tranny crossmember due to clearence issues. But that is still all you need. I recommend a 5" Single

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Take a look at this YouTube video:

6.4 5" exhaust

Anyone know why it sounds deeper and has almost none of the airy sound that all the other exhaust vids on YouTube have? Is it just the camera or camera position he used? To me, it is the best sounding exhaust vid on YouTube.
thats a smokey azz tune. sounds awesome.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone know if a dual kit will even fit with a B&W gooseneck hitch? On my '99 I had to take the hitch out to install the MBRP duals, but that truck was too tall to really pull a gooseneck anyway so it didn't bother me. I don't think I am going to lift this truck beyond a leveling kit, so I would like to keep the hitch.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does Diamond Eye offer a stainless system? I live in MT and they salt the roads, so I am thinking I better stick with stainless pipe. My MBRP was 409 stainless and rusted some, but not bad. Does any other company offer a lifetime warranty like MBRP does on their stainless systems?

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
They do, but not for the DPF Race kits yet. The aluminized kits actually hold up very well, we have customers using them in the harshest environments for 5+ years without any issues. The T409 stainless will get surface rust rather quickly, but never rust through. The only stainless DPF Race kits that will have a lifetime warranty is MBRP.

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
I believe you would have some clearance issues with a gooseneck and duals.
should not have any clearance issues with that, i have a 5" single and i have tons of room in there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts